What are the major attractions in Khalkis?
Not too far from the city center, St Nicolas Church is one spot to consider putting on your must-see list. If you still have space on that travel schedule, Fortress of Karababa and Agiou Nikolaou Square will keep you entertained, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near Khalkis?
Wondering what else is near you? Venture a little outside of Khalkis and you'll discover a few landmark sights. Athens is only 35 miles away and the home of the Parthenon. It's worth paying a visit.
Where are the best beaches near Khalkis?
If you're in Khalkis with the young ones, a fun day by the sea is a great way of keeping them occupied. Load up the trunk with some bats, balls and buckets, and drive out to one of these lovely beaches:
- Politikon Beach (9 miles away).
- Eretria Beach (12 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Khalkis?
Here are our top tips and tricks to help you save on a car rental:
- A car can take you wherever you want — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from the leading rental companies in just a few clicks;
- Organize an email Price Drop Alert for your next exciting vacation destination. You never know what great bargains will make a detour to your inbox;
- Before you hop behind the wheel, check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to make sure you're scoring the best deal around;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not written in stone, see if you can get a better price by changing the days of the week in your search;
- To avoid paying a late fee or an extra day, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Some rental outlets offer big incentives to pay in advance, so keep your eyes open for these penny-pinching deals;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your grasp. Book as soon as you can and lock in your ideal ride.