Car rentals in Zurich: All you need to know
You want a great automobile to get around Zurich whether you're going for a business trip or a vacation. Check out the top sites around the city and park in front of the popular restaurants in Zurich. CarRentals.com has answered your most popular questions about renting a car in Zurich. Find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where do I get a great deal on a rental car in Zurich?
CarRentals.com makes it a breeze to get the cheapest rates. Just type in your travel dates and scroll through the list of rental companies, pick the top rental locations, and find the best packages Zurich has to offer. You should also:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Educate yourself on any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you will know the true cost before you book
- Don't get more car than you need. Commonly, the smaller the car, the lower the rate
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have retailers in Zurich?
CarRentals.com has around 13 rental car providers in the Zurich area. You'll find well-known companies like National and Hertz and wallet-friendly suppliers like Thrifty and Budget. Read through the online reviews to help you figure out which one meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Zurich?
That all depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Zurich. If you're having a bit of trouble deciding, make sure to go over our chart below. We have compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Zurich?
Generally, to rent a car in Zurich you must be at least 21. Please note, you may find that there is an additional charge if you're under the age of 25 or for higher category cars in particular. Read through the terms to figure out what the exact rate will be before you rent your car.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Zurich?
Most countries require driver's insurance. You might be able to purchase additional insurance through rental car company, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip.Many credit card issuers (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) will offer coverage. But there may be limitations, like not covering larger vehicles such as trucks or SUVs. It is best to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you head to Zurich.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will have to search for an open gas station near your car rental supplier
What fuel policy should I get?
Most suppliers provide you a full tank policy. We advise returning it with a full tank of gas. If you want to keep your expenses lower, it is best to find a gas station before you return the car. Stations near airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Zurich?
If you plan to see all that Zurich offers, you're going to need unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Zurich. Read the fine print to make sure they are actually "unlimited."
What is Zurich famous for?
There is tons to see and do in this city. Some of Zurich's most popular attractions are:
- Museum of Art (Kunsthaus Zurich)
- Great Minster (Grossmunster)
- Toptrek Zurich Bike Tours
- Uetliberg Mountain
Fortunately, you'll be able to drive to whichever one you want or see them all.
Tips before you leave the lot
Before you get started on your Zurich trip, make sure you check out a few items before you leave the rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Look over your car and determine if there is any damage or scratches. If you notice any, mark it down on your paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new area
Book your Zurich rental car today
Know that you can depend on a wonderful ride that will result in more money to spare when you reserve your car with CarRentals.com. Cash in on cheap deals on your Zurich rental car when you book with us. See you out here.