Car rentals in Westwood: All you need to know
A Westwood car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You can check out all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of New Jersey has to offer. We've collected your most popular questions about renting a car in Westwood. Find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
How can I get a great deal on a rental car in Westwood?
You're on your way to locating the best deal on your car rental when you use CarRentals.com. However, you can do a couple things to keep your upcoming rental affordable. Be sure to:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get the car of your choice and save more
- Educate yourself on any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you will know the true cost before you book
- Determine the vehicle you'll need for your vacation. Don't rent more car than you need
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Westwood.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Westwood?
From budget-friendly brands like Payless and Fox to global names like Advantage and Hertz, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Scan through the reviews to help you figure out which meets your needs.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Westwood?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what activities you want to do in Westwood. If you're having trouble choosing, be sure to look over the table below. We have compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Westwood?
Typically, the age limit for car rentals in Westwood is 21—the same as it is across the rest of the USA. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to go through the supplier's terms to figure out what the total is before you book your vehicle.
Does Westwood require rental car insurance?
Most countries require driver's insurance. You might be able to buy additional insurance through rental car company for your trip, if you think your insurance won't cover you while traveling through the United States. Otherwise, as a U.S. citizen, you can also purchase Collision Damage Coverage with CarRentals.com at checkout. Many major card issuers, like Visa or Discover, offer some coverage; however, there may be restrictions. For example, they may not cover your rental car if you get a luxury or larger vehicle. Make sure to check rental car company's policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to find a gas station close to your rental car supplier
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
At CarRentals.com, we advise a full tank policy. You pick up your rental with a full tank, and you will want to return it topped off. For a cheaper rate, it is best to fill up your tank before you return the car. Stations close to airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for those who don't want to worry about watching the odometer their whole trip. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Check the fine print before you book.
Before you leave the lot
Make sure you check a few things prior to leaving the car rental lot on your Westwood adventure. It's worth the time to:
- Walk around the car and determine if there is any dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable operating the entertainment and GPS (if available). You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Westwood car rental today
You know you can count on a perfect vehicle that will result in more extra cash to spare when you book with CarRentals.com. Book today to cash in on cheap deals on your ideal Westwood car rental. See you around town.