Car rentals in Sydney: All you need to know
You want a great car to get around Sydney whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. Explore the famous sites around the area and park in front of the popular restaurants in Sydney. CarRentals.com has collected the most popular questions about renting a car in Sydney. Read on to see how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
How do I find a bargain car rental in Sydney?
CarRentals.com makes it a cinch to book the cheapest deals. Simply enter your travel dates and scroll down the variety of car rental companies, select the top rental locations, and find the best packages Sydney has to offer. You can also:
- Compare and contrast weekly and daily rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get your vehicle of your choice and save more
- Be aware of any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. That way you can make sure you know the total cost before you book
- Don't get more vehicle than you need. Typically, the smaller the car, the cheaper the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Sydney rental car.
What rental companies have retailers in Sydney?
In Sydney, there are 4 car rental providers to decide from, like Budget. Scan through the online reviews to get an idea of which one is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Sydney?
That depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Sydney. If you're having difficulty deciding, be sure to read over our chart below. We've compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Sydney?
Typically, the age limit for car rentals in Sydney is 21. But, you may find that there is an added charge if you're under 25 or for higher category rentals in particular. Go through the supplier's terms to discover what the exact rate is before you reserve your rental.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Sydney?
Insurance is always required, wherever you rent a car. That said, you could already be insured by your existing car or credit card policies. Keep in mind, those policies may not cover you 100%, and you'll need to add it on to your booking. Check in advance and, if it's necessary, you can easily include it at checkout.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will need to find a gas station near the drop-off location
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Most suppliers give you a full tank policy. We suggest bringing it back with a full tank of gas. To avoid any added expenses, find a filling station before bringing the car rental.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for those who don't want to worry about how many miles they are driving. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Check the fine print before you book.
Before you drive off
Before you begin on your Sydney vacation, check a few items prior to leaving the lot. You should:
- Inspect the car and make certain there is no damage or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to see if the spare is inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the radio or entertainment features. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Sydney rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Sydney has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the highly-rated restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the must-see sites in Sydney.