What are the major attractions in Sparta?
Adventure is just around the bend at the Sparta Archaeological Museum. It's one attraction you'll find on many visitors' to-do lists. If you've still got space on your travel itinerary, the Olive and Greek Olive Oil Museum and the Ancient Sparta will keep you occupied, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Sparta?
If you're searching for a day-trip destination, we can help out. Sitting 17 miles away, Megali Mantineia is definitely worth putting some miles on the clock for. Municipal Railway Park of Kalamata should be high up on your list here. Mikri Mantinia Beach and Almyros Beach are must-see attractions too. The locals will also likely point you towards Kalamata, 17 miles away. If you can only see one attraction here, let it be the Archaeological Museum of Messenia. (But we're also huge fans of the Kalamata Municipal Central Library and the Military Museum of Kalamata.)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Sparta?
Here's our top tips on how to jump behind the wheel of a rental car with extra cash in your wallet:
- Research as many different bargain deals as possible (we make that chore as easy as ABC!);
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert and immediately find out when prices fall for your desired location;
- Check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlet locations to be sure you're receiving the hottest deal in town;
- If you're not too bothered about which day of the week you get the keys to your car and you can be flexible with your travel plans, have a browse around to see which days and dates will give you the deal you want;
- To avoid paying for an extra day or a late fee, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Some places reward you big time for prepaying — keep your eyes open for these offers;
- The early bird catches the biggest worm, and also the hottest deals! Book as soon as possible to drive off with some great savings, on top of your perfect set of wheels.