What are the major attractions in San Marcos?
If your trip to San Marcos is all sorted out but your travel itinerary is looking a little empty, let us give you a helping hand.
Not far from the heart of the city, California State University San Marcos is one attraction to consider putting on your to-do list. Palomar College and Twin Oaks Golf Club are also not far away and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near San Marcos?
San Marcos is home to some incredible sights, but there's more to see in the surrounding area. How does a world-renowned attraction sound? Travelers from all around make a beeline for University of San Diego. You can access it from Linda Vista, 25 miles away.
Where are the best beaches near San Marcos?
There's nothing quite as nice as opening the car window and feeling the salty air in your hair while you're driving along the coast. Pack some treats and spend an afternoon relaxing near the water at one of the magnificent beaches near San Marcos. Well-loved options include:
- Moonlight State Beach (11 miles away).
- Swamis Beach (11 miles away).
- Carlsbad State Beach (11 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in San Marcos?
We've compiled our top tips and tricks to help you save on a rental car:
- Our handy filter tool will soon become your new BFF. Compare the hottest bargains from all of the top rental car companies as quick as a flash;
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert and immediately find out when prices fall for your desired location;
- Search for both airport and non-airport outlet locations to make sure you're receiving the absolute best bargain in town;
- You can often save a bundle if your travel plans are flexible. Play with different days and dates and see what savings you can score;
- Nobody likes getting stung with a late fee. Avoid having to pay for an extra day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Keep more dollars in your pocket. You'll grab some of the thriftiest deals when you prepay your rental car;
- Book as soon as your dates are set. You'll get the biggest selection early on.
What kind of rental car should I get for San Marcos?
Whether you're hitting the road by yourself or with the entire family, CarRentals.com will help you find a perfect set of wheels for your San Marcos trip. A mini is an excellent choice if you're planning to spend the majority of your time in the downtown area. Cost-effective and reliable, these cars will get you from A to B quickly and easily. If you feel like making a big impression, take a peek at our special rental category. You're certain to find something that'll command some attention! Got the little ones with you? A spacious full-size car should tick all the boxes.
Should I get a luxury rental car in San Marcos?
Sometimes it's all about the journey, which makes your car choice important. If you're about to embark on an epic road trip around San Marcos, a spacious SUV could be the answer. If you'd like the best possible deal and plan on doing a lot of city driving, an economy car is a clever pick. All you need to do is choose what'll suit you best, load up the car, and hit the wide, open road.