Car rentals in Quebec: All you need to know
A Quebec car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even see what else the rest of Quebec has to offer. We've answered the most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Quebec. Find out the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
Where do I find a bargain rental car in Quebec?
We always try to get you the best deal. However, you can remember a couple things to keep your upcoming booking affordable. You can:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. You don't want to be surprised with any additional costs
- Determine what vehicle you'll need for your drive. Don't rent more car than you need
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Quebec?
From global names like Advantage and Hertz to budget-friendly brands like Economy and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Scan through the online reviews to get an idea of which one meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Quebec?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Quebec town means you're bound to find a vehicle that suits your needs. Some options include:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Quebec?
Usually, to rent a car in Quebec you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to read over the rental agreement to discover what the total will be before you book your car.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Quebec?
Insurance is always needed, wherever you're renting a car. However, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's benefits may also insure you. Keep in mind, those policies may not provide 100% coverage, and you'll have to add it on to your booking. Check in advance and, if it's necessary, you can easily include it at checkout.
What is the fuel policy for Quebec rental cars?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will need to find a gas station close to the drop-off location
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Most rental car companies give you a full to full tank policy. We suggest returning it with a full tank. To avoid any added expenses, find a filling station before you bring the car back.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you plan to explore all that Quebec offers, you're going to need unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Quebec. Read the fine print to be certain your mileage is actually "unlimited."
Know before you go
Before you begin on your Quebec trip, make sure you go over a few items prior to leaving the lot. It's important to:
- Walk around your car and make sure there is no dents or scratches. If you notice any, mark it down on the paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new region
Book your Quebec rental car today
When you book with CarRentals.com, you can count on a perfect car that will result in more extra cash in the bank. Book today to cash in on cheap deals on your ideal Quebec car rental. We'll see you out here.