What are the major attractions in Plakias?
Not much beats a couple of insider tips and hints when it comes to things to see and do. Lock in a rental car with CarRentals.com, talk to the locals about what's good and then hit the road!
What are the best road trip destinations near Plakias?
Make sure the gas tank is full, because there are some great reasons to get out and explore beyond Plakias. They include Palace of Knossos in Heraklion — a tempting road-trip destination just 45 miles away. When you've ticked that off your list, point your rental car towards the Heraklion Archaeological Museum.
Where are the best beaches near Plakias?
One of the benefits of organizing a rental car while you're visiting Plakias is that you can explore some of the area's amazing beaches whether it's rainy or sunny. So, grab your sunglasses (or your umbrella) and get ready to head to one of these popular options:
- Preveli Beach (5 miles away).
- Sweetwater Beach (16 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Plakias?
Here are our suggestions on how to hit the road with extra cash in your pocket:
- A car can take you wherever you want to go — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from all the top rental companies in just a few clicks;
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert email service and stay up to date when prices fall for your next vacation destination;
- Check both airport and non-airport pickup outlet locations to be sure you're bagging the absolute best offer in town;
- If your vacation dates are not carved in stone, try scoring a better price by choosing different days in your search;
- To avoid paying late fees or for a whole extra day, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Keep more dollars in your pocket. You'll get some of the cheapest deals when you prepay your rental car;
- It's best to book as soon as your dates are locked in. You'd hate to miss out because you left it too late!