Car rentals in Leuven: All you need to know
A Leuven car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can check out all the sights, and even see what else the rest of the area has to offer. We've gathered the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Leuven. Keep reading to find out which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
How can I get a great deal on a rental car in Leuven?
We always try to get you the best rate. However, there are a more ways to increase your savings. You can:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Educate yourself on any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. That way you will know the true cost before you book
- Decide the vehicle you'll need for your trip. Don't rent more car than you need
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Leuven.
What rental suppliers have retailers in Leuven?
From budget-friendly brands like Dollar and Thrifty to global names like Avis and Enterprise, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to help you figure out which one meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Leuven?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what you'll be doing when you visit Leuven. If you're having a bit of trouble choosing, be sure to read over the table below. We've compared the most popular categories for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Leuven?
Usually, the age limit for car rentals in Leuven is 21. Please note, there might be an additional charge if you are under 25 or for larger or higher category cars. Go over the supplier's terms to discover what any additional fees is before you book your rental.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Leuven?
When driving around Leuven or the rest of Belgium, you will need insurance. Almost every supplier requires that you show proof of insurance before you pick up your automobile. The majority of countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to purchase temporary insurance with the rental supplier.
Many major card issuers, like Visa or American Express, provide some insurance on your rental, but there are usually restrictions. For instance, you may not be covered if you book a luxury or larger vehicle. Check the rental car company's policy before you decide.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to search for a gas station close to your car rental supplier
What fuel policy do you recommend?
Many rental car suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, full-to-full is our stand-out winner. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. .
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited miles is a great option if you decide to do a bit of sightseeing or visit several business associates all over Leuven. You can drive wherever you want and not incur added charges. Read over your rental agreement to find out if there are mileage limitations.
Before you drive off
Be sure you go over a few items prior to leaving the rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Walk around the vehicle and determine if there is any dents or scratches. If you notice any, write it down on the paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new area
Book your Leuven rental car today
Maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center, maybe you're traveling solo, or maybe you're bringing your partner or kids. CarRentals.com has the ideal rental car that can fit your requirements and not break your wallet.