What are the major attractions in Kilmarnock?
Not too far from the city center, Kay Park is one spot you might like to put on your to-do list. Dean Castle and the Dick Institute are also not far away and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near Kilmarnock?
Crossed off all the major sights in Kilmarnock? You don't need to take off those comfy sightseeing shoes just yet. You'll find some iconic sights a little further out. Inchmickery is only 55 miles away and the home of Edinburgh Castle. Fill up the gas tank, because it's well worth paying a visit.
Where are the best beaches near Kilmarnock?
Don't forget to pack your favorite novel and maybe even a kite. Kilmarnock has some awesome beaches you can go for a leisurely drive to, including:
- Irvine Beach (7 miles away).
- Ayr Beach (12 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Kilmarnock?
We've compiled the best ways to help you keep more money in your wallet:
- Browse as many different deals as possible (we make that task completely painless!);
- Set up an email Price Drop Alert for your forthcoming vacation destination. You never know what fantastic bargains will zoom straight into your inbox;
- Browse the offers at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport and its surrounds. A short cab trip to a close-by car rental office may mean substantial savings;
- If you're not too worried about which day of the week you pick up the keys to your car and you've got some flexibility with your vacation plans, have a browse around to see which days and dates give you the best deal;
- Nobody likes being slapped with a late fee. Avoid the hassle of having to pay for an extra day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are at similar times;
- If you're in the mood to save a pretty penny, pay in advance and bag some of the best rates around;
- And finally, lock in your wheels as soon as you possibly can to score yourself the biggest savings!