Car rentals in Indiana: All you need to know
An Indiana car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even find out what the rest of Pennsylvania has to offer. We've collected your most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Indiana. Read on to discover which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where do I find a bargain rental car in Indiana?
CarRentals.com always tries to get you the best deal. However, there are a more ways to increase your savings. Be sure to:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get your car of your choice and save more
- Be aware of any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. This way you can make sure you know the total cost before you book
- Don't rent more vehicle than you need. Typically, the smaller the car, the cheaper the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Indiana rental car.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Indiana?
From global names like Hertz and Enterprise to budget-friendly brands like Economy and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the reviews to get an idea of which one is best for your next trip.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Indiana?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Pennsylvania metropolis means you're bound to find a vehicle that is perfect for you. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Indiana?
Typically, the age limit for renting a car in Indiana is 21. Please note, you may find that there is an added charge if you are under 25 or for larger or higher category rentals in particular. Read over the terms to discover what the exact price is before you book your rental.
Does Indiana require rental car insurance?
When cruising through Indiana or the rest of the United States, you'll need insurance. Many suppliers require that you show proof of insurance before you rent a car. Almost all countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to buy temporary insurance with the rental supplier. Additionally, as a U.S. citizen, you can also add on Collision Damage Coverage with CarRentals.com during checkout.
The major credit card issuers (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover) will generally provide some coverage. But many of them have restrictions, like not covering large vehicles like trucks or SUVs. It is best to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you head to Indiana.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to find an open gas station near the drop-off location
What fuel policy should I get?
We usually advise that customers choose the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you wish to see all that Indiana and maybe even the rest of Pennsylvania offers, you're going to need unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional fees. Review the fine print to be sure they are actually "unlimited."
Before you drive off
Before you get started on your Indiana adventure, check out a few items before you leave the rental lot. It's important to:
- Inspect the car and be certain there is no damage or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Indiana rental car today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. No matter who you are traveling with, CarRentals.com has a rental car that can align with your needs and not deplete your travel fund.