What are the major attractions in Farmington?
If your trip to Farmington is all locked in but your itinerary is a little on the empty side, we can give you a helping hand.
Fun and adventure await around every corner here. Some of the top attractions nearby are University of Maine - Farmington, UMF Art Gallery and Titcomb Mountain Ski Area. Leave enough space on your itinerary to visit them all.
What are the best road trip destinations near Farmington?
Discover the delights of nearby Camden. What's 59 miles when you've got your own set of wheels? The road trip there is half the fun! Camden Public Library, Camden Hills State Park and Camden Harbor Park and Amphitheatre alone justify the drive. Locals are also likely to point you toward Augusta, 28 miles away. If you only see one thing here, make sure it's Old Western Fort. (But we'd also highly recommend Maine State House and Augusta Civic Center.)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Farmington?
Avoid spending a fortune on a rental car by following our top tips:
- Look into as many different bargain deals as possible (we make that chore as easy as ABC!);
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert and immediately find out when prices fall for your destination;
- Search for both airport and non-airport outlet locations to be sure you're bagging the cheapest price around;
- If you're not fussed about which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and your travel plans are flexible, play around with days and dates to find the best rates;
- No one likes being slapped with a late fee. Avoid paying for another full day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Keep more cash in your wallet. You'll get some of the best deals when you prepay your rental;
- It's best to book as soon as your dates are set. You'll get the biggest selection early on.
What kind of rental car should I get for Farmington?
No matter your motoring needs in Farmington, CarRentals.com will take you from A to B with ease. If you're in the city for work reasons, a premium car will have you cruising around in style. These vehicles have high-end finishes, elegant interiors, and a host of extras. Hitting the road on a budget and interested in saving a few bucks? A compact car or a mini will suit your needs. Little runabouts like these are economical to run and good for zooming around busy streets and traffic. If you have a few kids (and a lot of luggage) in tow, a full-size SUV will give you all the room and space you need.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Farmington?
There's plenty of choice when it comes to renting a car in Farmington. From swish SUVs with loads of space for luggage to zippy compacts that make parking a cinch, you'll find it all here. Choosing your perfect match depends on your budget and where you plan to go. There are some road trips that are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas others don't need anything more than four wheels and a gas pedal.