What are the major attractions in Bristol?
If your trip to Bristol is all sorted out but your itinerary is a little on the empty side, we can give you a few hints and tips.
You'll have to rise with the sun if you're planning to check out all the interesting attractions this place has to offer. Cabot Tower and SS Great Britain are non-negotiable. Bristol Cathedral and We The Curious shouldn't be overlooked either.
Plan a stop at Brandon Hill. It's one sight you'll usually find on most visitors' must-do lists. If you still have room on your travel schedule, Matthew and Brunel Institute will keep you entertained, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Bristol?
See what's going on in nearby Weston-super-Mare. What's 19 miles when you have your very own ride? The drive itself is half the fun! Time Machine Museum ought to be at the top of your list here. The Grand Pier and Weston-Super-Mare Golf Club are awesome attractions too. Chippenham is another great option. It's 22 miles away and offers tons of intriguing things to do. Manor House Golf Club, Lacock Bakery and Lacock Abbey are just the start.
Where are the best beaches near Bristol?
Open the windows and inhale the cool, salty air as you journey towards Sand Bay Beach. 16 miles from Bristol, it's a glorious place to go for a lazy day out by the ocean.
Where are the best convention centers near Bristol?
After spending hours mixing with like-minded people, it's always great to know you can put your feet up somewhere nearby. If you're visiting Bristol for work-related purposes, these are some of the best convention centers that are close to hotels and restaurants:
- Armada House Conference and Events (0.5 miles away).
- Coexist - Hamilton House (1 mile away).
- Paintworks Event Space (2 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Bristol?
Here are some of our top tips if you want to score the biggest discounts on a car rental:
- Our terrific filter tool will become your new BFF. Measure up the cheapest bargains from all of the top companies with just a few clicks;
- Register for our Price Drop Alert and immediately discover when prices fall for your desired location;
- Before you get behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to make sure you're scoring the best deal in town;
- If your vacation dates are not set in stone, try scoring a better price by switching up the days in your search;
- No one likes being slapped with a late fee. Avoid having to pay for another day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- If you'd love to save a few dollars, prepay for your rental and score some of the thriftiest rates around;
- Don't let the deal you've been looking for slip through your grasp. Book as soon as possible and zoom off with your dream set of wheels.
What kind of rental car should I get for Bristol?
Sure, you can make your way around Bristol without a rental car. But with loads to check out here, having one would certainly make your getaway more fun and convenient. If you plan to get out of town and into the great outdoors, opt for a vehicle with some power. A full-size or mid-size SUV will take you to the surrounding forests in comfort. Spending most of your time right in the city? A mini or compact car is your best bet. Driving through narrow streets and squeezing into tight parking spots will be a walk in the park in one of these.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Bristol?
You'll be glad to hear that there's a huge variety of both high-end and economy rental vehicles on offer in Bristol. What you end up going for will depend on how much you're willing to spend and what you're planning to do. Specialty vehicles are all about comfort and class. If you want to indulge yourself, why not go for an SUV with all the bells and whistles, or perhaps a slick mid-sized sedan? On the other hand, if you just need a set of wheels to whiz around town in at the cheapest price possible, you're better off choosing a versatile compact vehicle (or something else that won't blow your budget).