Car rentals in Athlone: All you need to know
An Athlone car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of the area has to offer. CarRentals.com has collected the most popular questions about car rentals in Athlone. Read on to find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
How do I find a bargain car rental in Athlone?
CarRentals.com makes it a breeze to get the best deals. Simply type in your travel dates and go through the variety of rental car suppliers, pick the top rental locations, and find the most wallet-friendly packages Athlone has to offer. You can also:
- Compare and contrast weekly and daily rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get your vehicle of your choice and save more
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Don't get more car than you need. Normally, the smaller the car, the cheaper the rate
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have retailers in Athlone?
From budget-friendly brands like Dollar and Thrifty to global names like National and Enterprise, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Scan through the reviews to help you figure out which is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Athlone?
That all depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Athlone. If you're having trouble picking the right car, be sure to read over the chart below. We have compared the most popular types of cars for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Athlone?
Typically, to rent a car in Athlone you must be at least 21. Please note, you may find that there is an additional charge if you're under 25 or for larger or higher category rentals. Read over the terms to determine what the exact charge is before you rent your vehicle.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Athlone?
Insurance is mandatory, no matter where you're renting a car. Nevertheless, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's policy may also insure you. Keep in mind, these policies might not totally cover your rental, and you'll have to add it to your booking for Athlone. Look into it before you book and, if it is necessary, you can just include it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
What is the fuel policy for Athlone rental cars?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy should I get?
Many rental car suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, full-to-full is our stand-out choice. It simply means returning the car with the same level of gas as you got it with, so you'll never pay for anyone else's road trips through the Athlone.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Athlone?
Unlimited miles is a great option if you plan to do a bit of sightseeing or visit several clients all over Athlone. You can cruise wherever you like without incurring additional charges. Be sure to read your policy to discover if there are any limitations.
Before you leave the lot
Before you get going on your Athlone trip, go over a few items before you leave the lot. It's worth the time to:
- Look over your car and determine if there is any dents or scrapes. If you notice any, write it down on your paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your Athlone rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Athlone has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the highly-rated restaurants, world-famous landmarks, and all the terrific sites in Athlone.