What are the major attractions in Altenburg?
Adventure is just around the corner at the Lindenau Museum. It's one attraction you'll usually find on many travelers' to-do lists. The Landestheater Altenburg and the Schloss- und Spielkartenmuseum are also a stone's throw away and worth a pit stop.
What are the best road trip destinations near Altenburg?
Located 5 miles from Altenburg, Saalhausen is a favorite stop on most people's road-trip itineraries. Visit here to access Zwinger Palace and Dresden Castle, a couple of terrific attractions to highlight on your map. Dresden is another destination to consider. It's located just 55 miles away. If you make the trip here, close-by sights such as the Albertinum and Church of Our Lady should be on your radar.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Altenburg?
Here you'll find our top suggestions if you're looking to bag the cheapest possible car rental:
- Use our nifty filter feature to help point you towards the cheapest car rental rates around — then compare the prices;
- Check your inbox for our popular Price Drop Alert. We'll let you know about all the amazing bargains cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Research is the key to getting the cheapest rentals deals in town, so be sure to check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you pay for your ride;
- If your vacation is somewhat flexible, adjust your dates slightly to find better prices on different days of the week;
- Nobody likes being hit with a late fee. Avoid the trouble of having to pay for another full day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are at similar times;
- Keep more cash in your wallet. You'll score some of the cheapest deals when you prepay your vehicle;
- And finally, secure your favorite vehicle as soon as possible to grab yourself a heap of savings!