Car rentals in Tilbury: All you need to know
A Tilbury car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of Ontario has to offer. We've collected the most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Tilbury. Keep reading to find out the dos and don'ts of booking a rental car.
Where do I find a great deal on a car rental in Tilbury?
CarRentals.com always tries to get you the best price. But, to get the most savings on your trip to Tilbury you can do a few things. Make sure to:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get your car of your choice and save more
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you can make sure you know the total cost before you rent
- Don't rent more vehicle than you'll need. Typically, the smaller the car, the cheaper the rate
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have retailers in Tilbury?
From global names like Hertz and Sixt to budget-friendly brands like Budget and Thrifty, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Scan through the online reviews to help you figure out which meets your needs.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Tilbury?
That all depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Tilbury. If you're having difficulty picking the right car, make sure to go over the chart below. We've compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Tilbury?
Generally, to rent a car in Tilbury you must be at least 21—the same as it is across most of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to go through the rental agreement to figure out what the exact charge is before you rent your car.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Tilbury?
Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to buy interim insurance with the rental car supplier.Although many major card issuers, like MasterCard or Discover, offer some coverage, there are usually restrictions. For instance, they may not cover your rental car if you get a larger or luxury vehicle. Check the policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Many suppliers offer a range of fuel policies. However, the stand-out winner is usually full-to-full. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Tilbury?
If you wish to explore all that Tilbury offers, you're going to want unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Tilbury. Go over the fine print to be sure they are truly "unlimited."
Tips before you leave the lot
Make sure you check out a few things before you leave the car rental lot on your Tilbury adventure. It's worth the time to:
- Check out your vehicle and determine if there is any dents or scratches. If you notice any, write it down on the paperwork
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Tilbury rental car today
Maybe you're traveling solo, maybe you're bringing your partner or kids, or maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. No matter who you're traveling with, CarRentals.com has a rental car that can fit your requirement and not deplete your travel fund.