Car rentals in Roatan: All you need to know
You want a great car to take you around Roatan whether you're going for a business or pleasure. Explore the famous sites around town and park in front of the popular restaurants in Roatan. We've answered your most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Roatan. Find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
How do I get a great deal on a car rental in Roatan?
We always strive to get you the best deal. But, there are a more ways to increase your savings. You can:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get your vehicle of your choice and save more
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. You don't want to be surprised with any additional costs
- Don't rent more vehicle than you'll need. Normally, the smaller the class the cheaper the rate
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have retailers in Roatan?
From budget-friendly brands like Dollar and Thrifty to global names like Advantage and Hertz, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to get an idea of which one meets your needs.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Roatan?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this town means you're bound to find a vehicle that suits your needs. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Roatan?
Generally, to rent a car in Roatan you must be at least 21. But, you may find that there is an added fee if you are under the age of 25 or for higher category vehicles in particular. Go through the supplier's terms to discover what any additional fees will be before you book your rental.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Roatan?
Most countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to buy additional insurance through rental car supplier, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover you while traveling through HND.Many credit card issuers (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) will offer coverage. However, there may be limitations, like not covering large vehicles such as trucks or SUVs. It is best to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you head to Roatan.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will need to find an open gas station near the drop-off location
What fuel policy should I get?
We usually advise that customers choose the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Roatan?
If you wish to check out all that Roatan offers, you are going to need unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Roatan. Read the fine print to make sure they are truly "unlimited."
Before you drive off
Be sure you check out a few items before you leave the car rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Look over your vehicle and make sure there is no damage or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable operating the entertainment and GPS (if available). You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Roatan rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Roatan has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be going between the great restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the fantastic sites in Roatan.