What are the major attractions in Cairns?
Esplanade Lagoon and Mount Whitfield Conservation Park are notable attractions that everybody should make time to stop by. Organize your route and spend a couple of hours inspecting each one.
Adventure is just around the corner at the Centenary Lakes Botanic Gardens. It's one sight you'll find on many visitors' must-do lists. If you've still got space on your travel schedule, the Cairns Regional Gallery and the Cairns Historical Society Museum will keep you on the go, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near Cairns?
Cairns is amazing, there's no doubt about that — but there's loads more to see and do just outside its borders. Hop back into the driver's seat and have a new adventure in Finlayvale. This great day-trip destination offers some fascinating attractions, such as Mossman Gorge.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Cairns?
Here are our top tips to find the biggest discounts on a rental car:
- Use our amazing filter feature to steer you towards the cheapest car deals around — and then compare the prices;
- By submitting only your email address (and not your entire personal details, life history and dog's middle name) into our Price Drop Alert, you'll know all the best bargains for your location;
- Before you hop behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to make sure you're scoring the best deal in town;
- If your vacation is somewhat flexible, adjust your dates slightly to find lower prices on different days of the week;
- No one enjoys being charged a late fee. Avoid the stress of having to pay for an extra day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Some companies reward you handsomely for paying upfront — keep an eye out for these kinds of offers;
- Last but not least, secure your preferred vehicle as soon as you possibly can to bag a heap of savings!