Where is Ethiopia?
Ethiopia is waiting. There's no end to the new adventures you can have once you slide behind the wheel of that rental car. To squeeze every last drop out of your trip, here's some basic info that everybody should know. Ethiopia lies on the continent of Africa and Indian Ocean, a stretch of land that never fails to inspire and delight. Its capital is Addis Ababa. Home to some of the country's biggest and best attractions, it's the perfect introduction to what this place is all about.
What are the best road trip destinations in Ethiopia?
Being in control of where you go and what you do is a huge advantage of having your own rental car while on vacation. Call the shots during your trip around Ethiopia and enjoy the freedom of exploring all its most exciting destinations at your own speed. Try to visit as many of this place's most renowned destinations as you can:
- Addis Ababa (population of 2,757,700)
- Dire Dawa (population of 252,300)
- Gondar (population of 153,900)
- Mek'ele (population of 119,800)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Ethiopia?
Here are some of our top suggestions to score the best price on a car rental:
- Look into as many different offers as you can (we make that task a pushover!);
- Register for our Price Drop Alert service and immediately discover when prices fall for your desired location;
- Check the bargains at all rental locations, including the airport terminal and its surrounds. A quick cab journey to a neighboring rental car center could mean some impressive savings;
- If you're not fussed about which day of the week you pick up the keys to your car and you can be flexible with your vacation plans, browse around to see which days and dates will give you the hottest deal;
- Do what you can to keep the time of your pickup and drop-off the same. If you bring back your hire car at a later time than you picked it up, you might be required to pay for a whole extra day;
- If you're in the mood to save a few dollars, pay right away and score some of the cheapest rates around;
- And finally, lock in your wheels as soon as you can to bag a truckload of savings!