Where is Westmeath?
Nothing beats dropping the windows of your rental car and hurtling down lengthy stretches of asphalt. But before you embark on a new adventure in Westmeath, how about discovering a little about this popular location? Find out a bit about Ireland, because that's where you'll need to head to get your adventure on the road.
What are the best road trip destinations in Westmeath?
Westmeath is a wonderful place to cruise the highways and back streets in your own rental vehicle. Turn up the radio and enjoy the freedom of visiting all the region's gems dotted between each of its most appealing destinations. Here are some of the most popular cities to visit in this magnificent place:
- Athlone (population of 16,000)
- Kinnegad (population of 2,700)
- Moate (population of 1,500)
- Kilbeggan (population of 1,200)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Westmeath?
Avoid spending a fortune on a rental car by following our top tips:
- A car can take you wherever you want to go — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from all the top rental companies in just a couple of clicks;
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert email and stay up to date when prices become cheaper for your next vacation destination;
- Check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to be sure you're getting the cheapest offer around;
- If your dates are not written in stone, see if you can get a better price by choosing different days in your search;
- Pickup and drop-off times generally need to be similar (e.g, both 9 a.m.) or you may be asked to pay for an entire extra day;
- Some companies reward you handsomely for prepaying — watch out for these offers;
- Finally, lock in your booking as soon as possible to bag yourself the biggest savings!
What is the most popular rental car category in Westmeath?
Don't restrict your adventures to the cities. Westmeath has some unmissable scenery, such as streams, beaches, and rural landscapes. A car like a convertible will help you discover them in style. These vehicles are perfect for visitors who'd like to experience the views with the top down. Who doesn't love the sensation of the wind through their hair?
Should I get a luxury rental car in Westmeath?
You're spoiled for choice when it comes to rental cars in Westmeath. From people-movers with plenty of room to spare to zippy little compacts that make parking a breeze, you'll find it all here. Choosing your perfect match of course depends on your budget and what activities you plan on doing. There are some road trips that are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need more than four wheels and a gas pedal. Which car will you be sliding behind the wheel of this time?