Car rentals in Las Palmas: All you need to know
A Las Palmas car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even see what else the rest of the area has to offer. We've collected your most popular questions about renting a car in Las Palmas. Keep reading to discover which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
How can I get a great deal on a car rental in Las Palmas?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to snag budget-friendly deals. Just enter your travel dates and scroll through the list of rental suppliers, choose the top rental locations, and find the cheapest offers in Las Palmas. You should also:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Be aware of any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you can make sure you know the total cost before you book
- Don't rent more vehicle than you'll need. Generally, the smaller the class the lower the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Las Palmas rental car.
What rental companies have agencies in Las Palmas?
CarRentals.com has around six car rental companies to choose from in Las Palmas. You'll find some of the best providers, like Sixt. Look through the online reviews to help you figure out which one meets your needs.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Las Palmas?
That depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit Las Palmas. If you're having trouble picking the right car, be sure to look over the table below. We've compared the most popular categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Las Palmas?
Usually, the age limit for car rentals in Las Palmas is 21. Please note, you may find that there is an added fee if you're under the age of 25 or for larger or higher category vehicles in particular. Go through the terms to find what any additional charges will be before you rent your car.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Las Palmas?
When cruising through Las Palmas or the rest of Spain, you'll need insurance. Many suppliers need proof of insurance before you rent a car. Many countries require driver's insurance. You might be able to purchase additional insurance through the rental car dealer for your trip, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip.
The major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) will usually offer coverage. However, many of them have restrictions, such as not covering larger vehicles like trucks or SUVs. Make sure to find out exactly what your credit card will cover and how much before you head to Las Palmas.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Many rental car suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, the stand-out winner is usually full-to-full. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. Just be sure you make time to shop for the cheapest gas prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Las Palmas?
Unlimited miles is a great option if you plan to do some sightseeing or visit several customers all over Las Palmas. You can cruise wherever you want without incurring additional charges. Make sure to read your rental agreement to see if there are any limitations.
Before you leave the lot
Make sure you check out a few items prior to leaving the lot on your Las Palmas adventure. It's important to:
- Look over your vehicle and determine if there is any dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Las Palmas rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Las Palmas has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the highly-rated restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the fantastic sites in Las Palmas.