Car rentals in Goteborg: All you need to know
A Goteborg car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even see what the rest of the area has to offer. CarRentals.com has gathered your most popular questions about renting a car in Goteborg. Read on to see the dos and don'ts of booking a rental car.
How can I find a bargain car rental in Goteborg?
You're well on your way to finding the best deal on your car rental by booking through CarRentals.com. However, there are a more ways to increase your savings. Be sure to:
- Compare daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Educate yourself on any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. That way you can make sure you know the actual cost before you rent
- Decide what car you'll need for your vacation. Don't rent more car than you need
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Goteborg?
There are around 6 car rental companies to choose from in Goteborg. You'll find some of the best providers, like Sixt. Scan through the reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Goteborg?
That all depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Goteborg. If you're having difficulty deciding, make sure to look over our chart below. We have compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Goteborg?
Generally, to rent a car in Goteborg you must be at least 21. But, there might be an additional charge if you are under 25 or for higher category cars. Read over the terms to figure out what the exact fee will be before you rent your car.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Goteborg?
When cruising through Goteborg or the rest of Sweden, you'll need insurance. Almost every supplier requires that you show proof of insurance before you rent a car. Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to purchase additional insurance through the rental car dealer, if you know your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip.
The major credit card issuers (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) will usually offer coverage. But many of them have restrictions, such as not covering larger vehicles like trucks or SUVs. Make sure to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you head to Goteborg.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy should I get?
We usually advise that you choose the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Goteborg?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for anyone who don't want to worry about watching the odometer their whole trip. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Before you leave the lot
Be sure you check out a few things prior to leaving the rental lot on your Goteborg adventure. You should:
- Inspect your vehicle and be certain there is no dents or scrapes. If you notice any, mark it down on the paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Goteborg rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Goteborg has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the highly-rated restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the amazing sites in Goteborg.