Car rentals in Freiburg: All you need to know
A Freiburg car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even find out what the rest of the area has to offer. CarRentals.com has answered your most popular questions about renting a car in Freiburg. Keep reading to see how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
How can I find a great deal on a rental car in Freiburg?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to snag budget-friendly deals. Just enter your travel dates and go through the variety of rental companies, pick the top rental locations, and find the most wallet-friendly packages Freiburg has to offer. You should also:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. You don't want to be surprised with any additional costs
- Don't get more vehicle than you need. Generally, the smaller the car, the cheaper the rate
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Freiburg?
There are around nine rental suppliers to choose from in Freiburg. You'll find some of the best suppliers, like Avis. Scan through the reviews to get an idea of which one meets your needs.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Freiburg?
That depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Freiburg. If you're having difficulty choosing, make sure to look over our chart below. We have compared the most popular categories for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Freiburg?
Usually, to rent a car in Freiburg you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to review the rental agreement to determine what the exact fee will be before you reserve your rental.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Freiburg?
Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to buy temporary insurance through the rental car supplier.Although many major card issuers, like MasterCard or Visa, provide some insurance, there are usually restrictions. For instance, they may not cover your rental car if you get a larger or luxury vehicle. Check the policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Many suppliers offer a range of fuel policies. However, the stand-out choice is usually full-to-full. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. Just be sure you make time to shop for the cheapest gas prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Freiburg?
If you plan to explore all that Freiburg offers, you are going to need unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional fees. Read the fine print to make sure your mileage is actually "unlimited."
Before you drive off
Before you begin on your Freiburg trip, make sure you check a few things prior to leaving the car rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Inspect your car and make certain there is no dents or scratches. If you notice any, mark it down on the paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your Freiburg car rental today
Maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center, maybe you're traveling solo, or maybe you're bringing your partner or kids. CarRentals.com has the ideal car rental that can fit your requirements and not break the bank.