Car rentals in Salvador: All you need to know
You want a great car to take you around Salvador whether you're traveling for a business trip or a vacation. Explore the famous sites around town and pull up in front of the best restaurants in Salvador. We've gathered your most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Salvador. Read on to find out the dos and don'ts of car rentals.
How do I get a great deal on a rental car in Salvador?
We always try to get you the best price. But, there are ways to get an even cheaper price on your next booking. Make sure to:
- Compare and contrast all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Learn about any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. This way you can make sure you know the true cost before you rent
- Don't get more car than you'll need. Commonly, the smaller the class the cheaper the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Salvador rental car.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Salvador?
From budget-friendly brands like Thrifty and Budget to global names like Avis and Sixt, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to help you figure out which one is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Salvador?
That all depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Salvador. If you're having difficulty picking the right car, be sure to go over our table below. We've compared the most popular types of cars for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Salvador?
Normally, to rent a car in Salvador you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to read the rental agreement to find any additional charges is before you reserve your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Salvador?
Insurance is mandatory, wherever you rent a vehicle. Nevertheless, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's benefits may also insure you. Keep in mind, your policies may not provide 100% coverage, and you'll need to add it to your booking for Salvador. Check in advance and, if it is necessary, you can simply include it at checkout.
What is the fuel policy for Salvador rental cars?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We encourage a full to full policy. You receive the car with a full tank, and you will want to return it topped off. If you want to keep your expenses lower, it is best to find a gas station before you return the car. Stations close to airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Salvador?
Unlimited miles is a good option if you plan to do a bit of sightseeing or visit several business associates all over Salvador. You can cruise wherever you like and not incur extra charges. Review your policy to find out if there are mileage limitations.
Before you drive off
Before you begin on your Salvador vacation, check out a few things prior to leaving the lot. You should:
- Inspect your vehicle and make sure there is no damage or scratches. If so, mark it down on your paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Salvador car rental today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. No matter the situation, CarRentals.com has a rental car that can suit your requirement and not break the bank.