Where is Mongolia?
Driving in a new and unfamiliar country is a daunting experience for some travelers, but you don't have to stress. Get up to date on the following facts and you'll be cruising your rental car along the roads of Mongolia in no time at all. Situated on the continent of Asia, Mongolia has something to offer everyone. No trip here could be considered complete without swinging by the country's capital, Ulaanbaatar.
What are the best road trip destinations in Mongolia?
With such an abundance of smooth highways and open roads, many travelers opt to turn their Mongolia vacations into driving journeys. If you're planning a road trip to remember, you'll want to know which destinations to add to your itinerary. Here are some of the most impressive regions to explore in this extraordinary place:
- Ulaanbaatar (population of 844,800)
- Erdenet (population of 79,600)
- Darhan (population of 74,300)
- Khovd (population of 30,500)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Mongolia?
Here are our recommendations on how to hit the road with some extra cash in your pocket:
- Our convenient filter feature will soon become your new bestie. Sift through the biggest deals, from all of the top rental car companies, quick as a flash;
- By entering only your email address (and not your social security number, life story and dog's middle name) into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay up to date with all of the best bargains for your desired destination;
- Before you pick up your car keys and hop behind the wheel, check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to ensure you're bagging the cheapest deal around;
- If your dates are not written in stone, see if you can get a lower price by switching up the days of the week in your search;
- Nobody likes getting a late fee. Avoid having to pay for an extra day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are at similar times;
- Some car rental companies offer discounts if you pay right away, so make sure you keep a lookout for these penny-pinching offers;
- It's best to secure your booking as soon as your dates are finalized. The early bird gets the worm!