Raleigh, North Carolina is one of the country’s fastest growing cities. People are drawn to Raleigh for the warm weather, beautiful scenery, and southern charm, and you can take it all in from behind the wheel of your rental car. When you plan your next trip, use CarRentals.com to arrange your own set of wheels for a memorable getaway.
How can I get a cost-effective car rental in Raleigh?
Getting a real bargain on your own set of wheels is easy if you use CarRentals.com. This way, you can browse the best, cheap offers at your leisure. And, if keeping costs down is a priority, you should:
- - Take time to shop around and compare rates;
- - Only add a single driver for the car;
- - Avoid airport branches of car rental companies.
Which car rental companies can I find in Raleigh?
Raleigh has a whole string of car rental companies for you to choose between, from Budget and Thrifty to Hertz and Avis. Be sure of fantastic service and value for money by checking the online user reviews for each one.
What vehicle should I rent in Raleigh, North Carolina?
Your choice of car will depend a lot on your budget and how many are visiting with you. Here are just some suggestions to ponder:
|Car Type||Best for||Category includes|
|SUV||Families and groups of friends who need extra space||Ford Explorer, Hyundai Ix35, or similar|
|Economy car||Couples and solo visitors who just need a cost-effective way to get around||Vauxhall Corsa, Toyota Yaris, or similar|
|Luxury||A suitably plush way to get around during a romantic break||Chrysler 300, Buick Lacrosse, or similar|
What’s the lowest possible age for car rentals in Raleigh?
The usual minimum age is 21. Remember as well that anyone lucky enough to be under 25 may have to pay a young person’s surcharge.
Should I purchase car insurance for my Raleigh car rental?
That depends on whether your pre-existing car or credit card insurance already covers rentals. If it doesn’t, you can go ahead and purchase the right policy, either through CarRentals.com or from the rental company itself.
What kind of fuel policy would work for my Raleigh trip?
While fuel policies may vary, a full-to-full arrangement often works best. There are no hidden fees or mark-ups here – just as long you remember to refuel the tank before dropping the car back off at the rental company.
Can I expect unlimited mileage with Raleigh car rentals?
Uncapped travel is certainly available, but make sure to double-check your car does indeed come with unlimited mileage before you embark on those long, leisurely road trips.
Can I book a car rental one-way in Raleigh?
Yes, but you’ll need to confirm the feasibility of this with your chosen rental company, and bear in mind it might lead to a higher cost.
3 places to drive to in Raleigh
You can be sure of packing in a lot if you have a rental car in Raleigh. Here are just some of the attractions you can drive to:
- - You can check out an ever-revolving calendar of exhibitions at the Contemporary Art Museum of Raleigh, which prides itself on showcasing cutting-edge, living artists.
- - Relish the plant life at the JC Raulston Arboretum, which includes a butterfly garden, a Japanese garden, and a rose garden.
- - For more of the outdoors, head to Pullen Park, a sprawling oasis ideal for picnics and walks, which also features a famous, vintage carousel dating back to 1900.
3 sights to seek out close to Raleigh
Why limit yourself to the city limits? With a rental car, you can cut loose and drive out to the local region, and take in these destinations during your visit:
- - Drive west for a road trip to the grand old city of Charlotte, home to the NASCAR Hall of Fame, the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art, and plenty of places to eat.
- - You could also decide to go south to Wilmington, a coastal hotspot with historic districts, which is a gateway to blissful, wave-lapped areas like Carolina Beach.
- - To the west, another urban destination is Greensboro, where sharks glide through the science center and kids can be inspired in the children’s museum.
How’s the parking situation in Raleigh?
Metered parking is readily available in Raleigh, though it’s obviously important to abide by regulations. Alternatively, you can simply make use of one of the many parking lots in the city.
Ready to arrange your trip to Raleigh? Use CarRentals.com and you can ensure your perfect vehicle is ready and waiting when you arrive, so you can take in the city and its surroundings at your leisure.