With year-round warm weather, plenty of interesting sights to see, and a strong sports scene, Phoenix, Arizona, is a popular destination for vacationers from all over the country.
Whether you’re traveling solo or with your family, you’ll find plenty to do in this desert town, and a rental from CarRentals.com will help you make the most of it. Pack the sunscreen and get started!
How can I get a cheap car rental in Phoenix?
It’s simple to bag a fantastic deal on a car rental. Just follow these steps:
- - Compare rates when browsing the site;
- - Don’t opt for airport pick-ups and drop-offs – they tend to cost more;
- - Know before you reserve how much fuel and mileage you need;
- - Search and book as early as possible.
Which car rental companies are situated in Phoenix?
You will see the large companies such as Sixt, Hertz, and Avis, but there are also a number of smaller rental companies offering good deals – don’t miss them!
What kind of car should I get in Phoenix, Arizona?
There is a car rental out there for everyone. If there’s a few of you, why not go for an SUV or a minivan, so there will be no worrying about luggage space or leg room! Or drive with the top down in a convertible – the choice is yours!
How old do I have to be to rent a car in Phoenix?
You must be at least 21 years old to get a rental car, and an additional fee may apply if you’re under 25.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Phoenix?
Yes. It’s always worth checking if your car or credit card insurance covers car rental. As a US citizen, you can buy insurance at the checkout at CarRentals.com or from the rental company itself.
What fuel policy is available in Phoenix?
You’ll usually see full-to-full fuel policies, so don’t forget to fill up the tank before you return the vehicle.
Can I book with unlimited mileage when renting a car in Phoenix, Arizona?
Unlimited mileage is a great idea if you’re planning on taking road trips in your rental, since it can end up costing more if you have to pay for extra miles used.
Is it possible to hire a car one-way in Phoenix?
Yes, though sometimes with an additional fee. Contact the rental company to find out the cost of picking up and dropping off your vehicle at different rental locations.
3 sights that you cannot miss in Phoenix
Once you've got your Phoenix car rental, you're free to explore the city and its suburbs. Here are some of the top attractions in town:
- - Desert Botanical Garden - Like something out of a Dr. Seuss book, the Desert Botanical Garden is filled with strange plants that thrive in the harsh landscape. See them for yourself, and be sure to stop into the Butterfly Exhibit when you're here.
- - Mystery Castle - If there was ever a father-daughter story to retell, this is it. Boyce Luther Gulley was dying and left his family to move to barren Arizona, which was thought to improve weak immune systems. He spent the rest of his life building his daughter a castle in the desert, which she moved into as an adult and lived in for the rest of her days. See the act of love for yourself during your vacation to Arizona.
- - Scottsdale - Drive your Phoenix car rental 15 miles north to Scottsdale, where you'll find upscale dining, thunderous nightclubs, and a wealth of boutique shops.
3 great road trips from Phoenix, Arizona
If you’d like to travel a little further afield in your rental car, how about taking a day trip to one of these popular Arizona locations:
- - Grand Canyon National Park – enjoy stunning views of canyon walls and take a guided hike around one of the world’s seven natural wonders;
- - The Apache Trail – a four-hour round trip from Phoenix, this world-famous trail, with its stunning lakes and abundance of wildflowers, can be driven by most vehicles;
- - Arizona’s White Mountains, located in the eastern part of the state, offer a variety of attractions including golfing, camping, fishing, mountain biking, and horseback riding in summer and skiing in winter.
What is parking like in Phoenix?
You’ll see parking lots and garages in Phoenix, as well as on-street parking, which usually costs a couple of dollars an hour. If you park on the street, make sure you read the signs to check the cost and possible time restrictions.
Stop worrying about matching up your vacation to the public transportation schedule. Once you’ve booked one of the rental cars in Phoenix from CarRentals.com, you can drive all over the city and the rest of Arizona with ease. Browse our selection of vehicles from the top rental car agencies in the nation and pick out the perfect vehicle for your Phoenix adventure!