Orlando, Florida is one of the most visited cities in the world. With so many attractions on offer, it’s no surprise that more than 50 million visitors come here each year. There is a whole lot of exploring to do in this city, and driving from place to place in a rental car from CarRentals.com is the most comfortable and stylish way to do it.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Orlando?
To secure the best deal on a car rental:
- - Compare rates and deals from various providers;
- - Avoid picking up and dropping off the vehicle from/to airport locations;
- - Know how much fuel and mileage you need when you make your reservation;
- - Search and book early.
Which car rental companies are situated in Orlando?
While you’ll certainly see the big-name rental companies like Sixt, Hertz, and Avis, you’ll also see many smaller regional providers in this city. Have a read through of their reviews when browsing deals to see which company suits you best.
What kind of car should I get in Orlando, Florida?
If you and your whole family are looking for space and comfort as you make your way between all those exhilarating theme park rides, you could rent an SUV, with plenty of room for luggage, too. If you plan on spending your trip dining and shopping in the downtown area, perhaps an impressive convertible is the rental for you. Plan your trip in advance and find the vehicle that best suits your needs.
How old do I have to be to rent a car in Orlando?
The minimum age to rent a car is 21. Under 25s may also be asked to pay a surcharge.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Orlando?
Yes. Ask your car or credit card insurance if they cover car rental. If not, as a US citizen, you can either purchase insurance at the CarRentals.com checkout or from the rental company.
What fuel policy is available in Orlando?
Many companies offer a full-to-full fuel policy. In this case, fill up the tank before you return the vehicle to avoid paying additional fees.
Can I book with unlimited mileage when renting a car in Orlando, FL?
This depends what you want to do during your stay. Many companies offer unlimited mileage, which is a great plan if you’ll be driving far.
Is it possible to hire a car one-way in Orlando?
Yes, often for an additional fee, so check with the rental company when you make your reservation.
3 sights that you cannot miss in Orlando
- O-Town is a major theme-park city, so a rental car lets you see Universal Orlando™ Resort (with its long-awaited Wizarding World of Harry Potter), Walt Disney World®, and SeaWorld® Orlando at your leisure.
- You can also explore the downtown area, which is full of restaurants and shopping opportunities, as well as some of the city’s lesser-known attractions. Drive out to Thornton Park for a family picnic, or visit the Orlando Museum of Art for a truly creative experience.
- If you want to experience space travel, visit the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. Through interactive exhibits and special effects, guests are offered a real sense of what life in space is like.
3 great road trips from Orlando, Florida
- One of the greatest benefits of an Orlando car rental is the fact that so many great locations are within an easy drive. The beaches along the Atlantic seaside are about 50 miles east, so you don’t have to drive much more than an hour to lay out in the sun.
- You can also make your way some 130 miles west to Sarasota, located on the Florida Gulf Coast. There you can explore the Ringling Museum of Art, the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, or just take in the sea air at Sarasota Bay.
- If amusement parks are the exclusive theme of your vacation, hit the road and get your adrenaline fix at Busch Gardens in Tampa. Your rental will get you there in less than 2 hours.
What is parking like in Orlando?
Orlando has many parking garages and spaces, which you can pay for using the meters provided. Make sure you read the signs if you find on-street parking, to avoid being towed or given a parking ticket.
Once you’ve got the keys to your cheap rental car in your hands, you’ll have an easy way to explore O-Town at your leisure. With so many guests traveling to this subtropical city, it’s important to find the best deals on Orlando car rentals. Luckily, CarRentals.com has got you covered, so reserve your vehicle today.