Visit the capital city of the Sooner State in style when you reserve rental cars in Oklahoma City. Explore the banks of the Oklahoma River, the urban neighborhoods of the northern portion of the city, and the rural areas of southern Oklahoma City at your leisure when you reserve your very own set of rental wheels.
What’s the best way to bag cheap car rentals in Oklahoma City?
If you want to see Oklahoma City at your leisure, but don’t want to blow the vacation budget on your set of wheels, CarRentals.com is the perfect port of call. You’ll be able to browse the best, cheap deals available. And, to keep prices low, you should:
- - Shop carefully around to compare different rental companies;
- - Add just a single driver for the rental car;
- - Picking up your car at a non-airport branch of the rental company.
Which car rental companies will I find in Oklahoma City?
Want to book your vehicle with a major car rental company? You’re in luck in Oklahoma City, with the likes of Avis, Enterprise, and Alamo just some of the names in attendance. It’s always best to check online user reviews before picking the one for you.
What rental car should I hire in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma?
Deciding on the right rental car comes down to your own circumstances – how many of you there are, and what budget you have in mind. Here are just some of the options to ponder:
|Car Type||Best for||Category includes|
|Economy car||Single travelers and couples keeping costs down||Vauxhall Corsa, Toyota Yaris, or similar|
|Hybrid||Visitors who want to keep fuel costs and emissions down||Honda Civic, Kia Optima, or similar|
|Luxury||Romantic couples seeking a memorable city adventure||Chrysler 300, Buick Lacrosse, or similar|
Is there a lower age limit for renting a vehicle in Oklahoma City?
Chances are you’ll need to be at least 21 to arrange and drive a rental car in Oklahoma City. Drivers under 25 may also have to pay a surcharge.
Is car insurance necessary for Oklahoma City vehicle rentals?
Yes, though your current car or credit card insurance might cover it. Have a check, and if your pre-existing policies aren’t valid, you can simply purchase the right one from your rental company or CarRentals.com.
What’s the best fuel policy for me in Oklahoma City?
Different fuel policies may be offered, but a full-to-full arrangement works well for most drivers. There won’t be any surprise fees involved, just as long as you remember to refuel the tank before dropping the rental car off at the end of your hire period.
Is unlimited mileage available with rental cars in Oklahoma City?
Yes, car rentals with unlimited mileage are readily available, and come in very handy for drivers who’d like to go on road trips when visiting Oklahoma City. Just be sure to check the conditions to be sure your chosen vehicle does indeed come without any caps on travel.
Is one-way car rental feasible in Oklahoma City?
If it suits your itinerary to have different pick-up and drop-off points for your rental car, check with the rental company to see if it’s possible, and what the potential surcharge might be.
3 top attractions in Oklahoma City
Having your own rental car in Oklahoma City means you can tick off a whole lot of landmarks and attractions while you’re here. These are just some you can check out:
- - Enter the world of the Wild West at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum, where exhibits and dioramas tell the epic story of the frontier and Native American culture.
- - Mingle with the locals in Bricktown, where old warehouses have been revamped for a new era, and there’s a variety of buzzing bars and restaurants to explore.
- - Soak up some natural beauty in Myriad Botanical gardens, where a world of lush, tropical plants can be explored within a gleaming conservatory.
3 day trips you can take from Oklahoma City
Want to go beyond the city limits? Hit the road with your rental car to take in these nearby destinations:
- - Drive northwards and you’ll come to Frontier City theme park, where rides like Brain Drain and Gunslinger will thrill the senses, while a series of concerts will entertain the whole family.
- - For more city break pleasures, drive south to visit Dallas, where you can visit a plethora of cultural and historical attractions, including a museum devoted to the fateful day JFK visited.
- - For a longer road trip, head east to Ouachita National Forest, which sprawls through parts of Arkansas and Oklahoma, and is a perfect destination for hikers, bikers, and campers.
What’s parking like in Oklahoma City?
As you might expect from a major urban destination, there’s no shortage of parking options in Oklahoma City. Whether you want to leave your rental car in a parking lot or garage, or make use of metered street parking, there are many options to choose from.
Ready to hit the road in Oklahoma City? Book your perfect vehicle through CarRentals.com, and you’ll soon be checking out the best local attractions and going beyond the city limits at your leisure.