With a car rental, Newark, NJ is yours for the taking. Explore the Garden State in style from the Watchung Mountains to Newark Bay. And, with the museums, theaters, and swanky restaurants of New York City only a day trip away, you can pack so much more into your vacation.
How can I get cheap Newark car rental deals?
It’s a cinch to get your hands on a cheap car rental deal for your Newark visit. Just check out the listings on CarRentals.com, which will present the most cost-effective offers from various companies. If you want to ensure you keep within a set budget, try to:
- - Compare different deals for the vehicle type you’re after;
- - Avoid the airport branch of your rental company;
- - Arrange everything far in advance.
Which car rental companies have branches in Newark?
You can expect to find many car rental companies in Newark, from Enterprise and Budget to Hertz and Alamo. Whichever you’re tempted by, take a few moments to read the online reviews before booking.
What kind of car should I go for in Newark?
There’s a large variety of vehicles on offer in Newark, so it’s all down to your needs. Big group or small? Indulgent or frugal? Here are some of the options open to you:
|Car Type||Best for||Category includes|
|Economy car||A cost-effective visit for couples or smaller groups||Chevrolet Spark, Vauxhall Corse, or similar|
|Mid-size SUV||Comfort and space for groups that don’t need a very large car||Chevy Tahoe, BMW X5, or similar|
|Compact||Saving cash on rental and fuel costs||Ford Focus, Fiat 500L, or similar|
Do I have to be over a certain age to rent a car in Newark?
Most rental companies will insist that drivers are at least 21 years of age. There may also be a surcharge for anyone under 25.
Will I require insurance for a rental car in Newark?
It might be the case that your current car insurance or credit card insurance covers rental vehicles. If not, you can simply purchase the correct policy – either through CarRentals.com or your chosen car rental company.
What’s the best fuel policy to have in Newark?
You can’t really go wrong with a full-to-full fuel policy. All you have to do is take a few minutes out to load up the gas tank before returning the car at the end of your rental period. That way, you won’t have to deal with extra charges.
Is it worth having unlimited mileage for a Newark rental vehicle?
Whether you’re just getting from A to B within Newark itself, or going out for day trips, it’s always a comfort to know you don’t have any caps on travel. So, do check with your rental company that your vehicle comes with unlimited mileage.
Is one-way car rental available in Newark?
You can expect to be able to hire a car one-way in Newark. The logistics depend on the rental company, so check with them directly, and be clear on any surcharges involved.
3 great places to visit in Newark
You won’t be stuck for things to do during your visit – here are just some of the attractions to drive to in Newark:
- - Take in a breathtaking show at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center, a vast venue hosting some of the biggest names in dance, jazz, classical music, and more.
- - Relax and take in culture with a visit to the Newark Museum, where you’ll find exhibits on showcasing everything from Native American art to natural history.
- - Take in the fresh air at Branch Brook Park, which sprawls for over 360 acres and is known for the magical, pink-purple haze of its cherry blossoms.
3 day trip destinations to visit from Newark
Hungry for more adventure? You can head out to some exciting places with your rental car – here are just 3 of them:
- - Take advantage of your proximity to New York City by driving to the Big Apple and taking in the glitter of Manhattan, or the hip atmosphere of Brooklyn.
- - Get back to nature by heading north to Harriman State Park, which is dotted with dozens of shimmering lakes, as well as beaches you can bask on, and miles of hiking trails.
- - To enjoy the shore, drive south to Point Pleasant Beach, where you can lounge on the sands, wander the boardwalk, or even go scuba diving.
What’s the parking situation in Newark?
Parking isn’t a problem in Newark, thanks to the convenient selection of parking lots and garages which you can seek out. Many are close to the most popular attractions. Street parking is also available, but just be sure you’re clear on fees and time restrictions.
Ready to start packing for your New Jersey jaunt? Take a moment to book your set of wheels through CarRentals.com, and you can be secure in the knowledge your perfect vehicle will be waiting to be picked up as soon as you arrive.