Take a bite out of Georgia, the Peach State, during your next stay down South with your own set of wheels, and book a cheap car rental in Macon, GA. This Southern city is full of things to see and do, so make the most out of your time in town by having your own means of transportation.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Macon?
Cheap car rentals add a whole new dimension to a visit to Georgia, allowing you to roam and discover to your heart’s content. Your ideal vehicle is waiting to be booked on CarRentals.com, and if you’re after a cheap deal, try to:
- - Carefully compare and contrast the prices from different companies;
- - Only add 1 driver for the car;
- - Avoid picking up your car from an airport branch of the rental company.
Which car rental companies are situated in Macon?
Whether you want to go with Avis or Alamo, Hertz or Budget, or are tempted by a smaller, regional firm, there’s a variety of rental companies to choose from in Macon. It’s worth taking the time to read through the newest user reviews before making a decision.
What kind of car should I get in Macon, Georgia?
This one is all down to you. If you’re keeping a close watch on your travel budget, and are visiting alone or with just a friend or 2, then an economy car will serve you well in Macon. If, on the other hand, you’re with a larger party, or intend to get out there on a Georgia road trip, then it’s worth investing in a minivan or SUV rental.
How old do I have to be to rent a car in Macon?
Generally, you’ll have to be aged 21 or over to make use of a car rental. There may also be an added fee if you’re under 25 years of age.
Do I need insurance for a rental car in Macon?
Adequate car insurance is a must when renting in Macon. You should see if your car or credit car insurance provides cover for rental cars. Otherwise, as a US citizen, you can always buy a policy at the CarRentals.com checkout, or directly from your chosen rental company.
What fuel policy is available in Macon?
It’s often the case that car rentals come with a full-to-full fuel policy. All this means is you have to remember to fill the tank back up before you return the car to the rental company, to avoid any extra charges.
Can I book with unlimited mileage when renting a car in Macon, Georgia?
If you’re hoping to pack in a lot of sightseeing and day-tripping when in Georgia, then it’s worth checking if your rental car comes with unlimited mileage. If it isn’t included in your deal, you’ll have to keep an eye on the miles to avoid extra fees.
Is it possible to hire a car one-way in Macon?
If your itinerary doesn’t involve a circular journey, then ask your rental company about one-way rentals. There may be an added fee, but it may be worth it for the sheer convenience.
3 sights that you cannot miss in Macon
Macon, the “Heart of Georgia”, has plenty for you to discover as you take to the roads in your rental car. Here are just 3 places you’ll want to check out:
- - Fans of rock ‘n’ roll will want to make a pilgrimage to the Allman Brothers Band Museum, which is set within the very house where the legendary musicians and their entourage hung out in the 1970s, and has more rock memorabilia than you can shake a bass guitar at.
- - A cultural hotspot is the Museum of Arts and Sciences, where you can admire avant-garde sculptures, meditate in the Dream Room, meet Ziggy the prehistoric whale fossil, and get a new insight into the cosmos in the planetarium.
- - You’ll get a real taste of Macon’s past at the Cannonball House, a gorgeously preserved historic property which dates back to the mid-19th century, and is so-named after the cannonball damage it sustained during the Civil War.
3 great road trips from Macon, Georgia
As you’ll have a car at your disposal, it seems only right that you take off and see more of Georgia while you’re in Macon. Here are some day trips worth doing:
- - The glittering city of Atlanta is just an hour and a half north of Macon, and is packed with places to see, from the ethereal depths of the Georgia Aquarium to the fascinating World of Coca-Cola.
- - A half hour’s car journey from Macon is Piedmont National Wildlife, where you can take your rental car on a self-guided wildlife drive, or hit the hiking trail in lush surroundings.
- - Less than a 2-hour drive west lies the city of Columbus, Georgia, which is a good choice for a day trip thanks to draws like the National Civil War Naval Museum and the Coca-Cola Space Science Center, a kid-friendly attraction with NASA exhibits and interactive simulators.
What is parking like in Macon?
Garage parking is available in Macon, while if you’re looking to make use of street parking spaces, it’s important to check what the pricing regulations and time restrictions are. This way, you’ll avoid being landed with any parking tickets during your visit.
All set for your visit to the Heart of Georgia? Don’t hang around – book that perfect rental car in Macon by searching for the best deals on CarRentals.com today, and you’ll have your own set of wheels with which to see the best of the Peach State.