Experience a small-town atmosphere in the most populous city in Kentucky. Louisville is a large city with an even bigger personality. Enjoy this Kentucky treasure from the banks of the Ohio River to the diverse buildings which compose its downtown district with your very own Louisville car rental.
How can I get a cheap car rental deal in Louisville?
Want the convenience of your own set of wheels, without paying over the odds? By using CarRentals.com, you can browse the best deals at your leisure. And, to keep to a tight budget, you should:
- - Make time to compare and contrast different offers;
- - Add just one driver per car;
- - Avoid airport branches, which could be pricier;
- - Book as far ahead of your Louisville trip as you can.
Which car rental companies are in Louisville?
A lot of big names are here, from Avis and Enterprise to Alamo and Hertz, offering an eclectic array of potential vehicles. Have a check of online user reviews before making your decision.
What car should I rent in Louisville, Kentucky?
There are countless options, from cost-effective vehicles to larger vans with plenty of space to stretch out in. Here are some of the vehicle types you can consider:
|Car Type||Best for||Category includes|
|Economy car||Couples and smaller groups with tight budgets||Vauxhall Corsa, Toyota Yaris, or similar|
|12-passenger van||Larger groups of friends and family needing more space||Ford Transit, Sprinter, or similar|
|Compact||Single visitors or couples looking to keep fuel costs down||Nissan Versa Note, Ford Focus, or similar|
Is there a minimum age for car rentals in Louisville?
As a general rule, drivers have to be 21 or over for rental cars in Louisville. Anyone under 25 may also have to pay a little extra.
Is car insurance needed for Louisville vehicle rentals?
It is, but it’s worth checking if your current car or credit card insurance already encompasses car rentals. If not, you can always purchase the right policy now, through your rental company or on the CarRentals.com checkout.
What’s the best fuel policy when visiting Louisville?
A full-to-full fuel policy is ideal for drivers. You’ll pick up a vehicle with a full tank, and are simply expected to refuel before returning it. Don’t forget, though, as otherwise a fee will be charged.
Can I get unlimited mileage with Louisville rental cars?
You can. Just check that your desired vehicle does indeed come with unlimited mileage, so you can embark on those exciting road trips without worrying about clocking up extra costs.
Is one-way car rental possible in Louisville?
If you’d like to pick up and return your vehicle at different branches of the rental company, just check with them about the logistics. There may also be a surcharge involved.
3 great attractions in Louisville
With a rental car at your disposal, you can certainly pack in a lot of sightseeing. Here are just some of the Louisville must-sees:
- - Gaze up in awe at the giant, looming baseball bat at the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory, where you can take a tour and see the iconic bats being made.
- - Visit the Churchill Downs, the legendary racetrack known all over the nation as the site of the annual Kentucky Derby.
- - Treat the family to a day at Kentucky Kingdom, where you can enjoy thrill rides and traditional amusements, as well as an immersive 5-D cinema.
3 day trip ideas from Louisville
Staying in Louisville means you have a great base for exploring nature, as well as other major cities. Check out these destinations you can drive out to:
- - Head north to Indianapolis, where petrolheads will be thrilled by a visit to the home of the great Indy 500.
- - Drive westwards to get to the Hoosier National Forest, a verdant wonderland of hiking and biking trails, where you can relax in nature’s embrace.
- - Go north-east to get to Cincinnati, where foodies can get stuck into the exciting dining scene, while attractions like Newport Aquarium will appeal to the whole family.
What’s the parking situation in Louisville?
Finding a place to park isn’t a problem in Louisville. If you’re after a quick stay somewhere, you can make use of street parking – just be sure to check the meter regulations. For a longer period, you can opt for one of the parking garages and surface lots in the city.
All set to see this famed Kentucky city? Arrange your vehicle hire through CarRentals.com, and you can be sure of having your ideal set of wheels waiting for you when you arrive. After that, you can get on with ticking off those items on your vacation itinerary.