Welcome to the Forest City, which lies just north of the US-Canadian border, and – like its UK namesake – it’s on a river called the Thames. Home to countless cultural festivals celebrating everything from folk music to cutting-edge theater, it’s a place you’ll want to spend time exploring. What better way to do so than with your very own set of wheels?
How can I get a cheap car rental in London?
Cheap car rentals will allow you to explore the Forest City at your leisure, and arranging your transportation won’t have to break the bank either. Want to be sure of the best deal? Be sure to:
- - Compare the prices of available cars on CarRentals.com;
- - Avoid airport pick-ups or drop-offs;
- - Search and reserve well in advance.
Which car rental companies are situated in London?
Along with larger, well-known companies like Avis, Alamo, Enterprise, and Budget, there are also some regional suppliers in London you can go with. Just ensure you have a look through the latest user reviews before committing.
What kind of car should I get in London, Ontario?
This is all down to your personal requirements. If you’re here on business, or just want a cheap way to get from A to B, then an economy car will tick all the boxes for your stay. But if you’re intending to go on longer road trips, or just want some extra space for passengers, a 12-passenger van rental or SUV is the way to go.
How old do I have to be to rent a car in London?
Generally speaking, you’ll have to be 21 or over to rent a car around these parts. Keep in mind as well that there may be an extra fee for drivers under 25.
What do I have to keep in mind when renting a car in London?
If you’re looking to go well beyond London, Ontario, it’s worth checking if your rental company has any restrictions on taking the rental car to areas such as Yukon, or across the border to the United States.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in London?
You will need car insurance for your rental in London, and it’s important to check if your current car insurance or credit card insurance covers the requirements. If not, you can always purchase a policy through CarRentals.com if US citizen, or from whichever rental company you’re going with.
What fuel policy is available in London?
Different fuel policies may be available, but the one you’ll probably want is full-to-full. This avoids any surprise fees. You just have to remember to refuel the tank before dropping the car back off with the rental company.
Can I book with unlimited mileage when renting a car in London, Ontario?
It’s always a good rule of thumb to estimate how far you might travel with your rental car. That way, you’ll know if you need unlimited mileage, which could be the most cost-effective way to see all the sights on your itinerary.
Is it possible to hire a car one-way in London?
You can, but fees may be added to cover this. The best thing to do is check with the car rental company about costs and feasibility of one-way car hire.
3 sights that you cannot miss in London
After booking your London rental car, you’ll want to make the best use of it while you’re here. So, check out these 3 must-sees in the city:
- - You can step back into the past at the Eldon House, which was built in 1834, and is known for its Regency flourishes, lush gardens, and impeccably preserved interiors which will let you enter a bygone age.
- - On a fine day, you should drive over to Victoria Park, an 18-acre sprawl of refreshing greenery and darting squirrels, which is also where bustling summer festivals take place.
- - Afterwards, get over to the historic Covent Garden Market, which dates back to the 19th century and is where you can browse locally-sourced food offered by passionate farmers and artisans from the region.
3 great road trips from London, Ontario
While London itself will capture the imagination, having your own car means you can also pack in some sightseeing beyond the urban center. Try some of these places, for instance:
- - Only an hour away by car, Grand Bend is a coastal community perched on Lake Huron, famous for its smooth, clean sandy beach – ideal for basking, soaking up rays, or going swimming.
- - Fancy trying a different shoreline? Head 40 minutes south to Port Stanley, which sits on Lake Erie and has its own, golden, Blue Flag beach, as well as small town charm courtesy of local boutiques and eateries.
- - For a city day trip, head east to Hamilton, which is on Lake Ontario and has plenty to keep you busy, from the Royal Botanic Gardens to the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum.
What is parking like in London?
Don’t worry about parking around these parts – London has plenty of facilities, whether you want to make use of garage parking or street parking. If you opt for the latter, just check the meters to be sure of time restrictions. That way, you can avoid the risk of incurring fines.
With its proximity to glittering lakes and sandy beaches, it pays to have your own vehicle in London. So, don’t hang around, and book your ideal set of wheels on CarRentals.com so you can hit the road once you arrive, and see the best of Ontario.