Known for the local horse racing and casinos, Hallandale Beach – once known just as Hallandale – is a burgeoning Florida hotspot. It’s close to more famous destinations like Fort Lauderdale and Miami, making it a great base for exploring the coastline with your own rental car.
How do I find cheap car rentals in Hallandale Beach?
Having your own rental car will really come in handy for seeing the best of this part of Florida. You can check out the best, cheap deals using CarRentals.com, and – if keeping costs to a bare minimum is a priority – you should:
- - Take the time to compare different prices for similar makes and models;
- - Only add a single driver for the car;
- - Try not to pick the car up from a pricier airport branch;
- - Book in advance.
What are the car rental companies in Hallandale Beach?
You can rent with Enterprise, among other companies in Hallandale Beach. Whichever you decide to go for, just check the most recent online user reviews first.
What type of vehicle should I opt for in Hallandale Beach, Florida?
This depends on your personal circumstances and your vacation budget. Either way, here are just some of the possibilities:
|Car Type||Best for||Category includes|
|Convertible||Enjoying the scenery and weather||VW Beetle Convertible, Chevy Camaro, or similar|
|12-passenger van||Transporting large parties of friends or family||Ford Transit, Sprinter, or similar|
|Hybrid||Keeping fuel costs and emissions down||Kia Optima, BMW i3|
Do I need to be over a certain age for a rental car in Hallandale Beach?
Many car rental companies will only let people over 21 book and drive their vehicles. There may also be an added cost for those under 25.
Do I need to get car insurance for my Hallandale Beach trip?
If your current car or credit card insurance covers rental vehicles, you’re good to go. Otherwise, as a US citizen, you can buy a policy either through the CarRentals.com checkout, or from the car rental company.
What fuel policy is the best when in Hallandale Beach?
A full-to-full fuel policy will tick the boxes for drivers of rental cars. You won’t be paying over the odds for gas, and – provided you refuel at any gas station before returning – you won’t be met with any extra fees.
Can I get unlimited mileage with Hallandale Beach car rentals?
You may well want to do a lot of exploring along the Florida coast, so it’s worth making sure your car doesn’t come with any travel caps. Unlimited mileage is commonplace, though, so it should be fine.
Can I rent one-way in Hallandale Beach?
Don’t want to make a circular journey? You should be able to book your rental car one-way instead – just check with your rental company about the logistics and costings.
3 places to go in Hallandale Beach
Make your base in Hallandale Beach and you’ll have a lot to see and do. Here are just 3 options on offer:
- - Soak up the atmosphere at Gulfstream Park, a major horse racing venue which also has a Vegas-style casino and plenty of places to eat.
- - Treat the family to a lazy day at South City Beach Park, which has a children’s park, a slice of beach, and places to shower.
- - Drive to nearby Hollywood Beach, which has its own stretch of golden coastline, as well as plenty of bars and eateries to explore.
3 road trips to embark on from Hallandale Beach
Make time to see more of Florida with your rental car. Here are some suggestions on where you can drive out to:
- - Drive south to the party haven of Miami, where you can bask on South Beach, admire the Art Deco landmarks, and hit the legendary nightspots.
- - Head northwards along the coast to West Palm Beach, with its vibrant entertainment districts, dining scene, and the Norton Museum of Art.
- - Explore the other-worldly realm of the Florida Everglades, where you’ll spot majestic animals and admire sumptuous wetlands.
How’s the parking in Hallandale Beach?
Parking is plentiful in Hallandale Beach. There are numerous parking garages and lots scattered throughout the area, including places which are a short stroll from the coast. Street parking is also available.
All set for your vacation on the Florida coast? Sort out your vehicle ahead of time on CarRentals.com, and you’ll be able to see the best of the region and beyond.