Explore the waterways of the Great Lakes State with a car rental in Grand Rapids, MI. Having your own set of wheels frees you from the grips of public transportation. Get ready to experience true independence while exploring Grand Rapids.
How can I arrange cheap vehicle rental in Grand Rapids?
Many car types are available in Grand Rapids, and you can make the most informed choice by browsing the cheap deals on CarRentals.com. To ensure you stay within a tight budget, make sure you:
- - Shop around thoroughly on CarRentals.com;
- - Don’t pick the car up at an airport branch;
- - Browse and book well before you get to Grand Rapids.
Which rental car companies are in Grand Rapids?
From Avis and Alamo to Dollar and Enterprise, there’s a wide variety of rental car companies to choose from in Grand Rapids. Before you go ahead and pick, it’s worth checking online user reviews so you can be sure of the best customer experience.
Which car should I consider renting in Grand Rapids, Michigan?
This decision hangs on your budget and the kind of vacation you’re after. Here are just some of the possibilities on offer from Grand Rapids rental companies:
|Car Type||Best for||Category includes|
|Hybrid||Quiet, cost-effective, fuel-efficient transportation||Honda Civic, Toyota Prius, or similar|
|Luxury||Sleek indulgence for a memorable vacation||Chrysler 300, Camaro, or similar|
|Minivan||Spacious comfort for larger parties||Toyota Sienna, Honda Odyssey, or similar|
How old do rental car drivers in Grand Rapids have to be?
The rule for most car companies is that drivers need to be at least 21 years of age. You’ll also very probably have to pay a little more if you’re under 25.
Do I need car insurance for my rental car in Grand Rapids?
The right kind of car insurance is definitely required. If your car or credit card insurance isn’t acceptable for rental cars, then purchase the correct policy through your rental company directly, or via CarRentals.com.
What fuel policy is right for my Grand Rapids visit?
A popular, and very convenient, fuel policy is full-to-full. You’ll have a vehicle with a full tank waiting for you, and just need to refuel it at the end of your rental period, to avoid any extra fees.
Can I get unlimited mileage in Grand Rapids?
Unlimited mileage is widely available, so this shouldn’t be an issue. Just double-check you don’t have any travel caps before setting off on those road trips.
Is one-way rental possible in Grand Rapids?
This should be fine. Check the logistics and pin-point the drop-off point that best fits with your travel itinerary. You should also check if any surcharges are applied.
3 hotspots to see in Grand Rapids
You don’t have to limit yourself when you have a rental car. You can pack in all the major attractions, including these 3 must-sees:
- - Delve into American history at the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Library & Museum, where you can see numerous items from the life of both the president and his celebrated wife, Betty Ford.
- - Marvel at great architecture in the Heritage Hill historic district, where tours take you inside several lovingly restored private homes.
- - Take a walk on the wild side at John Ball Zoo, which also offers zip line experiences and camel rides.
3 great road trips from Grand Rapids
Want to go beyond Grand Rapids and see some other destinations while you’re in this part of the country? Here are just 3 possibilities:
- - Go for a scenic drive along the shores of Lake Michigan to get to the great city of Chicago, where cultural hotspots and fine dining await.
- - Drive north to the Huron-Manistee National Forests, which encompass scenic marshlands, oak savannahs, and plenty of places to camp and hike.
- - Head south to Fort Wayne, which has a celebrated zoo as well as a lush Botanical Conservatory, and the Fort Wayne Museum of Art.
What’s the parking set-up in Grand Rapids?
Grand Rapids is very car-friendly, with no shortage of parking spots to make use of. You can opt for one of the many street parking spaces, most of which are free to use on evenings and weekends. You could also go for one of the parking lots and garages dotted throughout the city.
Ready to marvel at the attractions in Michigan? Get a head start on your trip by booking your Grand Rapids transportation through CarRentals.com, and you’ll be sure of a memorable and exciting experience once you arrive.