Once the movie capital of the United States, before the West Coast got in on the act, Fort Lee lies on one side of the immense George Washington Bridge. Drive over in your rental car to make this New Jersey borough your own, and discover scenic parklands and other attractions just a stone’s throw from New York City.
How can I book a good, cheap car rental in Fort Lee?
Bagging the best deal on a vehicle in Fort Lee is easy, courtesy of CarRentals.com. You’ll be able to browse at your leisure for the most cost-effective rates on an eclectic range of cars. And, to ensure your spending stays as low as possible, you can:
- - Shop around to compare competing deals from different rental companies;
- - Pick the rental car up at a non-airport branch;
- - Book long before you arrive in Fort Lee.
What rental car companies have branches open in Fort Lee?
A number of globally-recognized car rental companies are available in Fort Lee. These include Enterprise, Hertz, and Budget. Have a browse of the newest customer reviews and you can an informed decision in moments.
What car type is a good choice in Fort Lee, New Jersey?
With so many varieties of makes and models available at Fort Lee car rental companies, this decision really depends on your specific circumstances. Here are just some of the potential types to go for:
|Car Type||Best for||Category includes|
|Luxury||Romantic couples looking to enjoy jaunts between New Jersey and New York City||Chrysler 300, Buick Lacrosse, or similar|
|Full-size||Groups of friends or family members needing extra room to relax||Kia Optima, Toyota Camry, or similar|
|Economy car||Cost-savvy visitors looking to save cash for other vacation spending||Chevrolet Spark, Vauxhall Corsa, or similar|
Do rental car drivers in Fort Lee have to be over a certain age?
Yes, as a general rule of thumb, drivers have to be at least 21. You should also bear in mind that those under 25 may have to pay an extra surcharge.
Should I purchase car insurance for my rental vehicle in Fort Lee?
While insurance is certainly necessary, it could well be you’re already covered by your car or credit card insurance. If you’re not, don’t worry – you can take care of things quickly by buying the right insurance policy through CarRentals.com or your car rental company.
What fuel policy should I look for with Fort Lee car rentals?
A full-to-full fuel policy, while a little tricky to say out loud quickly, is very straightforward and offers unbeatable value for drivers. Your vehicle will have a full tank when you pick it up, and you just need to fill it back up before bringing it back.
Is unlimited mileage possible in Fort Lee?
Many rental cars come with unlimited mileage, meaning you can explore New Jersey and beyond, without any extra costs. Just be sure you do indeed have no restrictions on travel before making your booking.
Can I rent one-way in Fort Lee?
Yes, and the precise details can be ironed out with your chosen rental company. Look into what the possible alternative drop-off points are, and whether it will cost extra to rent one-way.
3 places to check out in Fort Lee
With your own car in Fort Lee, you can make short work of seeing the best landmarks and attractions. Here are 3 to put on the agenda:
- - Enter an unexpected slice of wilderness at Fort Lee Historic Park, which sprawls over a cliff, and features reconstructed, centuries-old huts, and views of the Hudson River.
- - Take in the latest blockbuster in style at the iPic Hudson Lights, which has plush seating, some with blankets and pillows, and dining and drinking options.
- - For a refreshing change from the urban areas, take a wander through Constitution Park, which has walking tracks and areas to sit and chill out with a picnic.
3 day trips to try from Fort Lee
Why limit yourself to Fort Lee when you have your own set of wheels? Here are 3 possible destinations to tempt you during your stay:
- - The most obvious day trip destination is New York City, which is a cinch to get to from Fort Lee, and is a must for fans of art, culture, restaurants, and urban explorers of all stripes.
- - Discover one of the most mythologized places on the East Coast by driving northwards to Sleepy Hollow, made famous by Washington Irving’s immortal ghost story.
- - Drive north to embrace the natural beauty of Harriman State Park, which covers almost 50,000 acres and is known for its numerous lakes and winding hiking trails.
What’s the parking situation in Fort Lee?
You won’t have to be too concerned about where to leave your vehicle when exploring Fort Lee. There are a number of parking lots and parking garages to choose from, while metered parking spots are also available if you want to park on the street.
Preparing to visit Fort Lee? You can be sure of making the most of New Jersey by booking your set of wheels through CarRentals.com, and being happy in the knowledge you’ll soon be exploring the streets and getting out to the natural attractions close by.