Visit Ohio’s state capital in style with a car rental in Columbus. With your own set of wheels, you can easily cruise around the Discovery City from Big Walnut Creek to Lockbourne, and take in the riverside sights. What are you waiting for? Reserve your vehicle today and get ready to explore all the city has to offer.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Columbus?
With a wide range of cheap rental car deals to choose from via CarRentals.com, you can explore Columbus, Ohio in a vehicle that suits your needs. And, if you’re watching your spending, you can keep costs down by:
- - Weighing up the various prices on offer from different rental companies;
- - Not picking up or dropping off your car at the airport;
- - Knowing in advance how much mileage you’ll require from your rental;
- - Booking your vehicle well in advance.
Which car rental companies are situated in Columbus?
Along with the globally-known names like Enterprise, Avis, and Hertz, there are also some regional firms to choose from in Ohio. It’s a savvy move to check online reviews when searching.
What kind of car should I get in Columbus, Ohio?
If you’re here alone or with just a friend or 2, and don’t want to splurge too much on transportation, you can always opt for an economy car. If, however, you’re with a larger group of friends or family, you can ensure maximum comfort by hiring an SUV or even an 4-wheel drive.
How old do I have to be to rent a car in Columbus?
The minimum age for drivers of car rentals is 21 years. A surcharge may be added if you happen to be under 25.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Columbus?
Yes, and you can see if your car or credit card insurance encompasses rental cars. As a US citizen, you can always take the option of purchasing insurance through CarRentals.com, or from the rental company directly.
What fuel policy is available in Columbus?
Rental cars very often come with full-to-full fuel policies. This is a good thing, as all you have to do is remember to refuel before returning it, and you won’t have to deal with any extra fees.
Can I book with unlimited mileage when renting a car in Columbus, Ohio?
It’s good to plan ahead and work out just how much driving you intend to do in Columbus. If it’s a lot, then check if you can have your vehicle with unlimited mileage. This is often available, and will allow you to hit the road and really explore without worrying about clocking up extra costs.
Is it possible to hire a car one-way in Columbus?
Yes, it is, but it may cost you a bit more to do so. Ask your chosen car rental company to find out more about this.
3 sights that you cannot miss in Columbus
With its foodie and cultural scenes, Columbus is a fascinating urban playground to discover. Rev up that engine and get set to visit these sights:
- - To immerse yourself in the exotic, drive over to Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, where the lavish Palm House is just one of the zones filled with rare and colorful flowers and plants, and a calendar of special exhibitions blends art and nature.
- - A very different experience awaits in the German Village, which lives up to its name with iconic German restaurants like Schmidt’s Sausage Haus, and Victorian architecture largely unchanged since the days of the early German settlers.
- - Your mind will be blown at COSI Columbus, a sleek science museum which features a mechanical T.rex and a state-of-the-art planetarium which will transport you through space and into the human body.
3 great road trips from Columbus, Ohio
While you can comfortably spend all your time in Columbus without getting bored, having your own rental car also means it’s a cinch to get out to these areas close by:
- - The artistic community of Yellow Springs is less than an hour west of Columbus, and is a charming, chilled out little place packed with independent shops and galleries, and home to numerous annual festivals.
- - Just over a 2-hour drive from Columbus is the buzzing city of Cleveland, which sits on the shores of Lake Erie and is well worth a day trip or overnight stay, thanks to attractions like Cleveland Museum of Art and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- - If you’re craving the great outdoors, take the 20-minute drive out to Battelle Darby Creek, which is swathed in over 7,000 acres of forests and wetlands, and is where you can go canoeing, mountain biking, and bison spotting.
What is parking like in Columbus?
Parking is plentiful in Columbus, with 1,000s of garage parking spots available throughout the city. If you use street parking spots, then just be sure you check about time restrictions or you could risk being fined or towed.
With all this to do in Ohio’s historic capital, don’t leave anything to chance. Book your car rental here at CarRentals.com now, and you can then be sure of your perfect vehicle waiting for you when you arrive, so you can get on with visiting the outdoorsy attractions and centuries-old landmarks of Columbus.