With all the exciting activities available in Charlotte, North Carolina, you may find it difficult to resist taking a vacation here. Avoid the hassle of taking public transportation and overpaying for taxis by reserving a Charlotte car rental through CarRentals.com today.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Charlotte?
With so many cheap rental cars available in Charlotte from CarRentals.com, you’ll soon be hitting the roads and discovering the beauty of the Queen City. To avoid paying over the odds, try to:
- - Carefully weigh up the rental car prices available;
- - Avoid airport pick-ups, as they can cost more;
- - Book as far in advance as you can.
Which car rental companies are situated in Charlotte?
Many of the most well-known names in car rental have branches in Charlotte, including Avis, Alamo, Sixt, and Enterprise. You can also opt for a smaller, regional outlet as well. Savvy drivers should take a moment to check online reviews before booking.
What kind of car should I get in Charlotte, North Carolina?
Many different types of rental car are available, so it’s all down to you. Here with friends or family, or looking to make longer road trips in comfort? Go for a minivan or SUV. Here alone or with a partner, and looking to keep costs down? Pick an economy rental car instead, which is ideal for jaunts in the city.
How old do I have to be to rent a car in Charlotte?
The minimum age is generally 21. If you happen to be under 25, an extra fee may be charged.
Do I need insurance for a rental car in Charlotte?
The correct car insurance is necessary, so you need to confirm that your existing car or credit card insurance covers car rentals. Don’t worry if not. Being a US citizen, you can always buy a relevant policy at the checkout on CarRentals.com, or get one from the rental company itself.
What fuel policy is available in Charlotte?
Car rentals often come with full-to-full fuel policies. This means you can drive off with a full gas tank, and just have to remember to fill it up again before returning. Forgetting to do this will mean paying extra.
Can I book with unlimited mileage when renting a car?
When renting a vehicle, it’s always a good idea to have a rough plan of how much you’ll be using it. That way, you’ll know if you need unlimited mileage, which is often provided by rental companies. If it isn’t available, you’ll have to keep an eye on how long you’re on the road to avoid extra fees.
Is it possible to hire a car one-way in Charlotte?
One-way rentals are certainly available, but you’ll need to confirm with the rental company and find out if extra charges apply.
3 sights that you cannot miss in Charlotte
Charlotte is far more than just a commercial nerve center. It has historic neighborhoods, stately landmarks, and a fair few attractions to drive to:
- - An iconic must-see in Charlotte is the NASCAR Hall of Fame, a thrilling shrine to the motorsports institution, with a Hall of Honor, racing simulators, and an immersive “high octane theater” which will get the adrenaline surging.
- - If you’re after more thrills and spills, drive out to Carowinds, a fun-packed theme park with rides including the Scream Weaver wheel and the Carolina Cyclone coaster, along with more relaxing rides for the whole family.
- - For a more relaxing, but mind-expanding, experience, you can take a car journey to Discovery Place Science, which uses immersive exhibits and live shows to inspire the next generation of innovators, and even has its own IMAX theater.
3 great road trips from Charlotte, North Carolina
Charlotte has a lot to keep you busy, but seeing as you’ll have your own set of wheels, it would be a shame not to get out and see more of the surrounding landscape:
- - Less than 15 miles from central Charlotte is the US National Whitewater Center, a renowned realm for outdoorsy enthusiasts, where you can get stuck into rafting, kayaking, and mountain biking amid swathes of natural beauty.
- - Just over an hour to the east of Charlotte is Uhwarrie National Forest, a vast and lush wilderness where you can hike, relax, or even go for a scenic drive deep into the woods.
- - Less than an hour from Charlotte, you can enjoy another slice of the outdoors at Lake Norman, where you can go fishing or sailing, or enjoy a spot of waterfront dining.
What is parking like in Charlotte?
Driving is the best way to get around Charlotte, so it’s unsurprising there’s plenty of parking available. If you opt for street parking rather than a parking lot, then just ensure you know the time restrictions and costs, or you may be hit with a parking ticket.
With museums and family attractions galore, as well as the potential to explore beyond the city limits, it makes sense to book a car rental for Charlotte. Browse and reserve a vehicle on CarRentals.com, and prepare to see this urban playground, as well as the lakes and forests just beyond the buzzing streets.