Buffalo is the perfect place to visit for a family looking for the iconic Niagara Falls experience. This natural spectacle is less than 20 miles away, so a Buffalo car rental lets you experience the joys of the falls without the high prices of Niagara’s boutique hotels. Likewise, with cheap car rentals in Buffalo, NY from CarRentals.com, you can explore the entire region at a great discount.
How can I be sure of a cheap Buffalo car rental?
Keep most of your vacation budget intact for sightseeing and eating, by finding a cost-effective deal on CarRentals.com. You’ll be able to browse the best offers, and if you want to be absolutely sure you get the right price, try to:
- - Compare and contrast the rates available;
- - Avoid potentially costly airport pick-ups;
- - Choose and book well before your trip.
Which car rental companies can I book with in Buffalo?
Reflecting the fact it’s a popular gateway to the outdoors, Buffalo has several big-name rental companies for you to choose from – including Alamo, Avis, and Enterprise. Savvy visitors should have a look through user reviews online before booking.
What vehicle type should I get in Buffalo, New York?
This one is down to the kind of break you’re after, and how many of you there are. There are lots of options, so here are just a few to consider:
|Car Type||Best for||Category includes|
|SUV||Comfort and space for couples and small groups alike||Ford Explorer, Hyundai Ix35, or similar|
|Economy car||Single travelers and couples who want to keep costs to a minimum during their Buffalo break||Vauxhall Corsa, Toyota Yaris, or similar|
|Minivan||Groups of friends or family members on excursions to the falls and other hotspots||Chrysler Pacifica, Dodge Grand Caravan, or similar|
How old do I have to be to drive a rental car in Buffalo?
The rule of thumb is you’ll need to be at least 21. It’s also worth remembering that those under 25 may have to pay a little more.
Do I need car insurance for vehicle rentals in Buffalo?
Yes, but you might not necessarily have to purchase a new policy, if your current car or credit card insurance covers rental cars. Otherwise, simply purchase your cover from the rental company or from CarRentals.com.
What fuel policy would suit a trip to Buffalo?
Opting for a full-to-full fuel policy will suit most visitors. It means you can swiftly drive off with a fully-loaded tank, and just have to remember to fill it back up again before returning.
Can I book a rental car with unlimited mileage in Buffalo?
Yes, and it’s highly recommended if you’re here to drive out to the falls, as well as other scenic destinations in the region. If there’s a cap on travel, you may clock up extra costs.
Can I hire a vehicle one-way in Buffalo?
This should be fine. Just talk with the rental company to find out about drop-off points and what the logistics and costings might be.
3 must-sees in Buffalo
There are plenty of attractions to explore in Buffalo during your stay – here are just some of the ones easily accessible by rental car:
- - Meet the critters at Buffalo Zoo, one of the oldest zoos in the United States, where you can get up close to elephants, lions, and cheeky meerkats.
- - Get your culture fix at the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, which boasts masterpieces from titans including Degas, Monet, and van Gogh, as well as great American painters.
- - Delve into US history at the Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural National Historic Site, where the iconic president took the oath of office after the assassination of President McKinley.
3 day trip destinations close to Buffalo
A stay in Buffalo isn’t just about the city. With your rental car at your disposal, you can also head out to see these memorable sights:
- - Just to the north of Buffalo is the reason so many people flock to this part of the country – the cascading waters of Niagara Falls, popular with families and couples alike.
- - Drive eastwards to Rochester, a city on the shores of Lake Ontario, which is home to immersive art galleries, a science center, and a pumping nightlife.
- - Go south and cross into Pennsylvania to explore the verdant realm of Allegheny National Forest – the perfect place to go boating, camping, and generally get back to nature.
What’s the parking situation in Buffalo?
As you might expect from such a popular city, there are plenty of places to park your rental car in Buffalo, from parking garages throughout the center to metered street parking spaces – just be sure you adhere to the rates and times.
Whether you’re here for Niagara Falls or Buffalo itself, there’s a whole lot to see with a rental car around these parts. Use CarRentals.com to find your preferred vehicle and you’ll be hitting the road and seeing the sights in no time.