There’s nothing quite like kicking off the New Year on the right foot, setting resolutions and working towards goals that may have been put off at the end of 2018. You’ve stuffed your face with delicious treats, attended maybe one too many holiday parties and survived the chaos of Christmas shopping, so there’s really no better time to focus on yourself and take some well deserved time off.
But we’re not talking about a vacation where you lie under the shade of an umbrella, drink in hand — you’ve likely had too many of those over the holidays. Instead, we’ve researched some of the best wellness retreats 2019 has to offer that have a focus on fitness and self-care, so you can feel confident your New Year’s resolutions will stick. From exotic yoga and meditation in Tanzania to bikini boot camps on the beaches of Mexico to nutrition focused snowsports getaways in the French Alps, we’ve got you covered for your next road trip.
We know how important it is to be mindful of those time off requests at work, so in addition to rounding up some of the most unique wellness retreats of the New Year, we’ve also made sure they align with federal holidays and weekends, so you can maximize your time off without stressing too much time away from work. Take a look at our guide below to find the wellness retreat that fits your intentions and start planning your trip.
If you’re interested in a specific wellness retreat, find out more details and how to book using the links below. Retreats are categorized in chronological order.
- Luxury Yoga Retreat — Zanzibar Tanzania
- Sagrada Writing & Yoga — San Luis Obispo, California
- Intentional Living Retreat — Maui, Hawaii
- Nature Connection Yoga Retreat — Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Meditation & Hiking Tour — Machu Picchu, Peru
- Amansala Bikini Bootcamp — Tulum, Mexico
- Wine Country Yoga & Hiking Retreat — Sonoma, California
- “New Year, New You” Winter Retreat — Gudauri, Georgia
- Soul Zest Yoga & Culture Retreat — Havana, Cuba
- Snowsports & Wellness Retreat — Meribel, France
- Yoga & Elemental Flow — Sri Lanka
- Magic in Bali Yoga Retreat — Bali, Indonesia
- Sagrada Yoga & Pilates — San Luis Obispo, California
- Joshua Tree Yoga & Camping Retreat – Joshua Tree, California
- Maui Yoga Retreat — Maui, Hawaii
- Viva La Vida Yoga Retreat — Acapulco, Mexico
- Sound Healing & Aerial Yoga Retreat — Maui, Hawaii
- Couples Yoga & Nature Retreat — Killeeneen, Ireland
- “Time Out” Luxury Yoga Getaway — Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Meditation Retreat With Horses — Éauze, Occitanie, France
- Surf & Yoga Retreat — Taghazout, Morocco
- Yoga & Photoshoot Holiday — Corralejo, Canarias, Spain
- Solo Vinyasa Yoga Retreat — Paros, Greece
- Integrative Yoga & Nutrition Course — Peștera, Județul Brașov, Romania
There’s no better time than the New Year to challenge yourself, grow and develop. That’s why January 1st has long been symbolic for goal setting and resolutions, but to achieve your goals, you must first take care of yourself. And these wellness retreats are the perfect tool to aid you in the process. Be sure to make time in 2019 planning out a trip that focuses on your wellbeing, whether it’s road trip distance from home or an ocean away.
Ready to book a car in San Diego, California?
Compare prices and find the perfect vehicle for you!