Find out why everyone loves SoCal with a car rental in Anaheim, CA. From the original home of Mickey Mouse to the nearby shores of the Pacific Ocean, discover the elegant stretches of California freeways with your own set of wheels, ticking off the must-sees at your leisure.
How do I get a cheap car rental deal in Anaheim?
Do you have a specific type of vehicle in mind for your Anaheim visit? You’ll be able to get it without splurging too much by checking CarRentals.com, where cheap deals are clearly displayed for you to compare. To keep costs to a minimum, you should:
- - Shop around, weighing up the contrasting prices;
- - Pick your car up from a non-airport branch of the rental company;
- - Be clear on the fuel and mileage policies offered;
- - Browse and book as far ahead of time as you can.
Which car rental companies can I choose from in Anaheim?
As you might have expected from such a popular part of California, there’s no shortage of car rental companies around Anaheim. You can choose between the likes of Thrifty, Hertz, and Avis, and it pays to check the customer reviews online beforehand.
What type of car should I choose in Anaheim, California?
This depends on factors like the size of your group and how much you’re looking to spend on transportation. Here are 3 types of vehicle to think about:
|Car Type||Best for||Category includes|
|Minivan||Families and groups of friends seeking practical comfort||Honda Odyssey, Dodge Grand Caravan, or similar|
|4-wheel drive||Those looking to go on long road trips in the country||Ford Explorer, L4 Nissan Pathfinder, or similar|
|Economy car||Budget-conscious visitors here as a couple or with a smaller group||Toyota Yaris, Vauxhall Corsa, or similar|
Is there a minimum age limit for Anaheim rental car drivers?
Yes, and it’ll most often be 21 years of age. It’s also important to consider that anyone under 25 may be expected to pay a surcharge.
Will I need to have car insurance for a rental vehicle in Anaheim?
You will, though you may not have to purchase a new policy if you’re already covered by your current car or credit card insurance. Otherwise, you can obtain suitable insurance through CarRentals.com or your car rental company.
What fuel policy works best in Anaheim?
As a rule, full-to-full fuel policies work best for rental car drivers. Providing you remember to load up the tank before returning the vehicle, you won’t have to pay any extra fees.
Can I get unlimited mileage with Anaheim car rentals?
You certainly can. Just confirm your selected vehicle definitely does have unlimited mileage, and then you can enjoy limitless jaunts to the various sun-dappled attractions of California.
Can I rent a car one-way in Anaheim?
Yes, and there may be multiple drop-off options available to you, so check which is most convenient for your travel itinerary. Bear in mind that a surcharge may apply.
3 great attractions in Anaheim
Get behind the wheel of that rental car and set off to see these awesome attractions in Anaheim:
- - See icons come to life at Disneyland Resort, where the fabled Sleeping Beauty castle is just one of the photo-worthy highlights, amid thrill rides and live performances.
- - For more theme park frolics, drive to the nearby Knott’s Berry Farm, where Soak City provides wet and wild refreshment on sunny California days.
- - Get your skates on at Anaheim Ice, where you can also watch ice hockey players in action in a landmark arena designed by famed architect Frank Gehry.
3 day trips to embark on from Anaheim
Why not head beyond Anaheim itself? You have your own set of wheels after all, so it’s easy and enjoyable to discover these destinations:
- - Drive down along the picturesque Pacific coastline to the sunny city of San Diego, where you can lap up the laid-back beach culture.
- - Head east to the Joshua Tree National Park, an almost other-worldly realm of nature-sculpted rocks and sprawling wilderness.
- - For a longer road trip, you can drive out as far as Las Vegas, and throw yourself into its glittering world of casinos and A-list performances.
What’s the Anaheim parking situation like?
The local theme parks make Anaheim a major visitor draw, and the plethora of parking spots reflects this. You can make use of parking lots and garages, or seek out street parking – if it’s not too far away from the major attractions.
Ready to kick back in California? Book your preferred vehicle type through CarRentals.com, and get set to see the best of Anaheim and the idyllic, attraction-filled West Coast.