Book a car rental in Albany, NY, and let your journey take you Upstate. As the capital city of New York, Albany is full of must-see attractions. Liberate yourself from the hassle of taxis and public transportation with your own set of rental wheels. That way, you’ll be able to explore the area from the Hudson River to the Loudonville Reservoir.
How do I find cheap rental car prices in Albany?
From large, luxury cars to smaller, cost-effective sets of wheels, you can find practically any kind of vehicle by looking on CarRentals.com. If you want to keep costs as low as possible for your Albany trip, be sure to:
- - Browse and compare the various rates available;
- - Avoid airport rental car branches, which can be more expensive;
- - Be absolutely clear on what the mileage and fuel policies are;
- - Book your Albany rental car well ahead of your visit.
Which car rental companies can I hire from in Albany?
Albany is a perpetually popular visitor destination, so you can expect to find several car rental companies in these parts. You can book with the likes of Alamo, Enterprise, and Avis, but do take a few minutes to compare the online user reviews first.
Which car should I rent in Albany, New York?
This depends on how many travel companions you have, and what you’re looking to spend. Here are just 3 types of rental vehicle you might want to consider:
|Car Type||Best for||Category includes|
|4-wheel drive||Larger groups expecting to go on day trips||Ford Explorer, Volvo Xc90, or similar|
|Convertible||Sightseers eager to soak up the vibe wherever they drive||VW Beetle Convertible, Chevy Camaro|
|Hybrid||Eco-conscious visitors who also like saving money on gas||BMW i3, Honda Civic, or similar|
What age do I have to be to book an Albany car rental?
On the whole, most rental companies will expect drivers to be 21 or over. There may also be an added fee for drivers who happen to be under 25.
Do I need to arrange car insurance for driving a rental car in Albany?
This all depends on whether your current car or credit card insurance is valid for rental vehicles. If it is, you’re good to go. Otherwise, you can obtain the right insurance through the CarRentals.com checkout, or your car rental company.
What’s the ideal fuel policy for me in Albany?
While different policies may be available, try to go for full-to-full. This means that, as long as you remember to refuel before bringing the car back, you won’t be met with any surprise fees.
Can I get unlimited mileage in Albany?
You can. Just be sure to check your car does indeed come with no restrictions, so you can cruise around and see the sights without any risk of extra charges.
Can I book a car one-way in Albany?
That shouldn’t be a problem. Various pick-up and drop-off points may be available, so check the logistics and how much extra it might cost.
3 great must-sees in Albany
With your own set of wheels, you can tick off plenty of items on an Albany agenda. Here are just 3 to put on the shortlist:
- - Explore the many exhibits at the New York State Museum, where you can see everything from ancient fossils to vintage fire fighting vehicles.
- - Marvel at the ornate architecture of the New York State Capitol, where guided tours let you take in the grandeur and heritage of this old landmark.
- - Take a break amid nature in John Boyd Thacher State Park, which lies just outside central Albany, and offers stunning views of valleys and mountains.
3 day trips to enjoy from Albany
Having your own vehicle means you don’t have to stay within Albany itself. Explore more by driving to these alternative destinations:
- - Head south to see New York City – the Big Apple is just a day trip away, where iconic attractions like the Chrysler Building and Times Square await.
- - More urban adventures can be found by driving east to Boston, with its historic attractions and buzzing nightlife.
- - Take in the coastal bliss of Rhode Island, with hotspots like Providence lying to the east of Albany.
What’s the parking set-up in Albany?
Albany certainly isn’t short on options when it comes to parking your rental vehicle during your visit. There are 1000s of street meters available, as well as numerous parking garages and parking lots, which means you won’t be stuck when touring the city.
Ready to get packing for Albany? Do the groundwork for your New York trip ahead of time, by finding a great, cheap deal on CarRentals.com, and you can look forward to seamless sightseeing once you’re here.