What are the major attractions in Tamworth?
Adventure is just around the bend at the Botanical Gardens. It's one attraction you'll usually find on travelers' to-do lists. Bicentennial Park and the Tamworth Golf Course are also close by and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near Tamworth?
If you have a bit of spare time and you're happy to travel 25 miles, take a look at Bowling Alley Point. This popular place boasts plenty to keep you occupied. Among your first stops here should be the Nundle Woollen Mill, Nundle Visitor Information Centre and Chaffey Dam. The locals will also likely point you in the direction of Gunnedah, 45 miles away. If you only have time for one thing here, let it be the Gunnedah Golf Club. (But we're also huge fans of Kitchener Park and Gunnedah Visitor Centre.)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Tamworth?
Here's a round-up of our top suggestions if you're looking to grab the best deal on a rental car:
- Our terrific filter feature is going to become your new bestie. Scan the biggest bargains, from all of the top car rental companies, with just a few clicks;
- Check your inbox for our awesome Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you in the know about all the great deals cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Before you pick up your keys and jump behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to ensure you're getting the hottest deal in town;
- If you've got a bit of wriggle room timing-wise, adjust your dates to find better prices on different days of the week;
- Pickup and drop-off times usually need to be similar (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you might be asked to pay for an entire extra day;
- Oftentimes companies reward you handsomely for paying upfront — keep your eyes open for these deals;
- The early bird catches the worm, and also the hottest deals! Book as soon as possible to grab some impressive savings, on top of your ideal set of wheels.