Where is South Tyrol?
Sure, there's something to be said for traveling like a free spirit. But there's also something comforting about knowing what direction you're taking. Before you jump in your rental car and cruise down the highway, it pays to know a bit about South Tyrol. This terrific destination is located in Italy.
What are the major attractions in South Tyrol?
So, the trunk is loaded up and you're ready to hit the open road. Curious about what to see in South Tyrol? We're here to help with a few great tips. Museo Archeologico dell'Alto Adige is 0.2 miles from the center of Bolzano and ought to be right at the top of your to-do list. You'll need to keep your eyes peeled for a parking spot though — it can get busy here.
What are the best road trip destinations in South Tyrol?
Being in control of when and where you travel is one of the greatest advantages of having your own rental car on vacation. Take charge of your trip around South Tyrol and relish the freedom of discovering its top destinations at your own speed. Here are the most popular cities to visit in this magnificent place:
- Bolzano (population of 99,000)
- Merano (population of 33,500)
- Bressanone (population of 15,900)
- Lana (population of 9,200)
How can I get a cheap car rental in South Tyrol?
Here are our top tips on how to get behind the wheel of a rental car with extra cash in your pocket:
- A car can take you wherever you want to go — so can the web. Compare the hottest deals from the leading rental companies in just a couple of clicks;
- Set up an email Price Drop Alert for your upcoming vacation destination. You never know what fantastic bargains will whiz into your inbox;
- Before you pick up your car keys and get behind the wheel, check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to make sure you're bagging the cheapest deal in town;
- If you're flexible with your schedule, alter your dates to find better prices on different days of the week;
- If possible, keep your pickup time and your drop-off time as similar as possible. If you return your car at a later time than you picked it up, you might be required to pay for a whole extra day;
- Some rental outlets offer discounts if you pay as soon as you book, so keep an eye out for these money-saving deals;
- Book as soon as your vacation dates are confirmed. The earlier you book, the bigger the choice.
What is the most popular rental car category in South Tyrol?
From mountains to valleys and lakes, South Tyrol features some idyllic views. Why not get out and drive around the best of them? Escape town and organize some day trips. An SUV is suited to longer drives. Able to tackle all types of roads, these larger vehicles make it simple to get off the beaten path.
Should I get a luxury rental car in South Tyrol?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes finding the right car important. If you're planning an unforgettable road trip around South Tyrol, a roomy SUV could be your perfect match. If you want the best possible price and plan on doing a lot of city driving, a versatile compact is a wise pick. All you have to do is work out what will suit you best, pack up the car, and hit the wide, open road.