What are the major attractions in Siglufjordur?
Nothing beats a few insider tips and hints when it comes to experiences and attractions. Secure a rental car with CarRentals.com, talk to the locals about what's good and then step on the gas!
What are the best road trip destinations near Siglufjordur?
Okay. So you want to test out your new wheels? How about a day trip out to Saudarkrokur? Roll down those windows and enjoy the cool wind in your hair on your way there. It's just 16 miles away. The Saudarkrokur Heritage Museum should be at the top of your list here. The Tannery Visitor Centre and Grettislaug are fantastic attractions too. The locals will also probably point you in the direction of Akureyri, 35 miles away. If you've only got time for one attraction here, let it be Akureyri Church. (But we'd also highly recommend the Akureyri Botanical Garden and Hlidarfjall.)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Siglufjordur?
Here's a rundown of our top tips and tricks to help you keep more money in your wallet:
- Use our amazing filter tool to help point you in the direction of the cheapest car rental rates around — then compare the prices;
- Organize an email Price Drop Alert for your forthcoming vacation destination. You never know what great bargains will hightail it into your inbox;
- Include both airport and non-airport locations to ensure you're receiving the best possible offer in town;
- If you've got a bit of elbow room timing-wise, change your dates to find lower prices on different days of the week;
- So you don't end up paying late fees or for a whole extra day, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Some rental companies reward you with discounts if you pay right away, so make sure you watch out for these money-saving offers;
- The early bird catches the juiciest worm, along with the best deals! Book now to drive off with some excellent savings, as well as your ideal set of wheels.