Car rentals in Santiago: All you need to know
You want a great car to take you around Santiago whether you're traveling for a business trip or a vacation. Explore the famous sites around town and pull up in front of the best restaurants in Santiago. We've collected the most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Santiago. Keep reading to find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where can I find a bargain rental car in Santiago?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to book the best rates. Simply type in your travel dates and go through the list of car rental companies, pick the top rental locations, and find the most wallet-friendly offers in Santiago. You should also:
- Compare and contrast all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you will know the true cost before you book
- Don't rent more car than you need. Commonly, the smaller the car, the lower the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Santiago rental car.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Santiago?
In Santiago, there are a few car rental providers to pick from, like Avis. Look through the reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Santiago?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what you'll be doing when you visit Santiago. If you're having a little trouble picking the right car, make sure to look over the table below. We've compared the most popular types of vehicles for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Santiago?
Generally, to rent a car in Santiago you must be at least 21—the same as it is across most of the country. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to read the terms to discover what the exact rate is before you rent your vehicle.
Does Santiago require rental car insurance?
Most countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to buy temporary coverage through the rental car supplier.Several credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) will cover your car rental. But there may be limitations, like not covering bigger vehicles such as premium models or some SUVs. Make sure to find out exactly what your credit card will cover and how much before you head to Santiago.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
Many rental car suppliers offer a range of fuel policies. However, full-to-full is our stand-out winner. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. Just be sure you make time to shop for the cheapest gas prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Santiago?
If you plan to check out all that Santiago offers, you're going to want unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Santiago. Read the fine print to be certain your mileage is truly "unlimited."
Tips before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Santiago vacation, make sure you check out a few items prior to leaving the rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Look over the car and be sure there is no dents or scrapes. If you notice any, mark it down on your paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable operating the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new city
Book your Santiago car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Santiago has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the highly-rated restaurants, world-famous landmarks, and all the terrific sites in Santiago.