Where is Santa Cruz?
There's nothing like dropping the windows of your rental car and cruising down long, smooth stretches of road. But before you motor off on a big adventure in Santa Cruz, how about learning a bit about this travel hot spot? Make yourself familiar with Argentina, because that's where you'll need to go to get your adventure rolling.
What are the best road trip destinations in Santa Cruz?
With almost endless glorious highways and tempting open roads, many travelers choose to turn their Santa Cruz vacations into driving journeys. If you're embarking on an unforgettable road trip, it pays to know which destinations to add to your to-do list. Here are some of the most popular cities to explore in this extraordinary place:
- Rio Gallegos (population of 85,700)
- Pico Truncado (population of 15,000)
- Puerto Deseado (population of 10,200)
- El Calafate (population of 8,000)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Santa Cruz?
We've pulled together a list of the best ways to help you save more money:
- A car can take you wherever you want — so can the web. Compare the best deals from all the top companies in just a few clicks;
- Organize an email Price Drop Alert for your upcoming vacation destination. You never know what awesome deals will hightail it into your inbox;
- Research is the key to scoring the best rental deals in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you book your ride;
- If you don't mind which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and your travel plans are flexible, play around with days and dates to find the best deal;
- Try to keep the time of your pickup and drop-off the same. If you bring back your car at a later time than you picked it up, you might be charged an entire extra day;
- If you're hoping to save a pretty penny, pay as soon as you book and drive away with some of the cheapest rates around;
- The early bird catches the worm, and also the best deals! Book as soon as possible to drive off with some impressive savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in Santa Cruz?
Simple to maneuver and fuel-efficient — it's hardly surprising that compact cars are the most booked category of rental vehicle in Santa Cruz. And if you're going to tackle the busy streets of Rio Gallegos or Caleta Olivia, you'll be pleased you opted for a smaller car too. Zip past traffic, squeeze into crowded parking lots, and navigate narrow lanes — bigger doesn't always mean better!
That said, Santa Cruz boasts some incredible steppes, streams, and valleys. Many eager adventurers get out of the city to explore those dazzling vistas. If that sounds enticing, look into an SUV or a full-size car. Even if you don't plan to take the path less traveled, you won't regret the extra space.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Santa Cruz?
You'll be pleased to hear that there's a wide variety of luxury rental vehicles in Santa Cruz. What you end up going with will depend on your funds as well as what you plan to do. Specialty and prestige vehicles offer the best in comfort and class. If you feel like splashing out, why not pick a fully kitted-out SUV, or perhaps a stylish mid-size sedan? On the other hand, if you're just after something to get from A to B as efficiently as possible, maybe go for a versatile compact vehicle (or something else that's unlikely to break the bank).