What are the major attractions in San Juan?
If your trip to San Juan is all organized but your itinerary is looking a bit empty, let us give you a helping hand.
If you're not already excited to see San Juan Cathedral and San Juan Gate during your trip to San Juan, you should be. They're some of the most iconic sights and landmarks in the world.
You'll need to jump out of bed early if you're planning to see all the notable attractions that this place has to offer. Castillo de San Cristobal and Convento de Los Dominicos are non-negotiable. Puerto Rico Convention Center and Hiram Bithorn Stadium shouldn't be missed either.
Not far from the heart of the city, Alcaldia is one attraction you might like to consider putting on your must-see list. Casa del Libro and Casa de Ramon Power y Giralt are also a stone's throw away and worth a pit stop.
What are the best road trip destinations near San Juan?
Time to get those wheels spinning and venture out to Mameyes II. Just 25 miles away, a road trip here is a no-brainer. Stop in at La Coca Falls and Yokahu Tower to start uncovering the culture of the region. Then top off your trip by visiting JungleQui Rainforest Ecoadventure Park.
Where are the best beaches near San Juan?
There's nothing nicer than rolling down the car window and feeling the fresh, salty air on your face while you're driving along the coast. Pack a picnic hamper and spend a day checking out one of the beautiful beaches near San Juan. Popular options include:
- Condado Beach (2 miles away).
- Carolina Beach (6 miles away).
- Dorado Del Mar (12 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near San Juan?
If you're in town for a corporate conference, you'll find Puerto Rico Convention Center located 2 miles away. During your break, head to a nearby café to grab a moment to yourself — networking and socializing can be draining.
How can I get a cheap car rental in San Juan?
Here are some of our top suggestions to grab the cheapest possible car rental:
- Research as many different offers as you can (we make that task a breeze!);
- By entering only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll be notified of all of the best bargains for your chosen destination;
- Browse the deals at all rental locations around town, including the airport terminal and its vicinity. A short cab journey to a neighboring rental car outlet might result in big savings;
- You can often save a few dollars if your vacation plans are flexible. Look into different days and dates and see what savings can be made;
- Nobody likes getting a late fee. Avoid the hassle of having to pay for another full day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Sometimes car rental outlets reward you with discounts if you pay immediately, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for these penny-pinching offers;
- Finally, secure your preferred vehicle as soon as possible to score yourself a ton of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for San Juan?
A rental car will help you get around easily in San Juan. If you're traveling on a shoestring and want to stretch your budget, a mini or a compact is a great idea. These smaller cars are cheap to run and a breeze to park. If you have the kids in tow, a full-size car or an SUV will give you all the space you need.
Should I get a luxury rental car in San Juan?
Sometimes it's all about the journey, which makes your car choice particularly important. If you're about to embark on an epic road trip around San Juan, a spacious SUV could be a good choice. If you'd like a fantastic bargain and plan on doing a lot of city driving, an economy car is hard to beat. All you have to do is work out what suits you best, pack up the car, and hit the highway.