How can I get a cheap car rental in Salzburg?
Here you'll find our top recommendations to bag the cheapest possible car rental:
- A car can take you anywhere — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from the leading rental companies in just a few clicks;
- Register for our Price Drop Alert email and immediately find out when prices fall for your desired location;
- Before you pick up your car keys and jump behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to ensure you're bagging the cheapest deal in town;
- If you don't mind which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and your travel plans are flexible, experiment with days and dates to find the best prices;
- Do what you can to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible. If you return your rental car at a later time than you picked it up, you could be charged an extra day unnecessarily;
- If you're hoping to save a pretty penny, prepay for your rental and score some of the cheapest rates around;
- Book as soon as your dates are set. You'll get the biggest selection early on.
What is the most popular rental car category in Salzburg?
Bigger isn't always better, especially when it comes to your ride. In Salzburg, compact cars are the most popular type of rental car for very good reasons. Terrific fuel economy, better handling, and easy parking are just a few of them! If you're planning to cruise around Saalfelden am Steinernen Meer or Sankt Johann im Pongau, opt for something that's chic and compact.
Don't limit your adventures to those urban centers. Salzburg has some glorious scenery, such as foothills, caves, and mountains. A car like a convertible will help you get around them in style. These rentals are perfect for visitors looking to take in the views with the top rolled down. Who doesn't love the feeling of the wind blowing through their hair?
Should I get a luxury rental car in Salzburg?
Sometimes it's all about the journey, which makes choosing the right car important. If you're planning an unforgettable road trip around Salzburg, a robust and stylish SUV could be your perfect match. If you're hoping for the best possible price and plan to stick to city driving, a versatile compact is a clever pick. All you need to do is decide what's the best fit, round up the troops, and hit the wide, open road.