Car rentals in Perugia: All you need to know
You need a great vehicle to get around Perugia whether you're going for a business trip or a vacation. See the top sites around town and pull up in front of the best restaurants in Perugia. We've gathered your most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Perugia. Keep reading to find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where can I find a great deal on a rental car in Perugia?
We always try to get you the best deal. But, to get the most savings when you travel to Perugia you can do a few things. Be sure to:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get the car of your choice and save more
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Determine the car you'll need for your trip. Don't get more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Perugia rental car.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Perugia?
In Perugia, CarRentals.com has 5 rental providers to pick from, like Hertz. Scan through the online reviews to get an idea of which one is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Perugia?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this metropolis means you're certain to find a car that is perfect for you. Some options include:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Perugia?
Generally, to rent a car in Perugia you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to read over the supplier's terms to discover any additional charges is before you book your car.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Perugia?
Most countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to buy additional insurance through rental car supplier, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip.Although many major card issuers, like MasterCard or Discover, offer some insurance, there are usually restrictions. For instance, they may not cover your rental car if you get a larger or luxury vehicle. Check the policy before you decide.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy should I get?
We recommend a full tank policy. You receive the car with the needle at "F". But, if you return the rental with less than the amount you received it with, most companies will charge a premium to top it back off. For a cheaper rate, fill up your tank before you return the car. Stations close to airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Perugia?
If you wish to check out all that Perugia offers, you're going to need unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Perugia. Go over the fine print to make sure they are actually "unlimited."
Before you leave the lot
Be sure you check out a few things before you leave the car rental lot. You should take time to:
- Check out the car and determine if there is any dents or scratches. If so, mark it down on your paperwork
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new area
Book your Perugia rental car today
You know you can count on a perfect vehicle that will leave you with extra money in the bank when you book with CarRentals.com. Book today to cash in on cheap deals on your impeccable Perugia car rental. See you out here.